The New Raith Rovers Thread

Interesting that Mark Stewart signed a new contract with a relegation clause 3 days after Vaughan went on loan to Dumbarton. 

Is it standard practice to have that in our contracts or were the board more aware of the relegation danger than the loan suggests?

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

According to a Dundee fan on their forum they read Vaughan was linked via Twitter. More worryingly it also says it's not just Dundee after him but also Killie, St Mirren and Falkirk,

Feels just a wee bit made up, at the minute.

Interesting that Mark Stewart signed a new contract with a relegation clause 3 days after Vaughan went on loan to Dumbarton. 
Is it standard practice to have that in our contracts or were the board more aware of the relegation danger than the loan suggests?

Most clubs should have either relegation release clauses or wage reductions upon relegation.

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

According to a Dundee fan on their forum they read Vaughan was linked via Twitter. More worryingly it also says it's not just Dundee after him but also Killie, St Mirren and Falkirk,

I doubt it's true. It's very rare for clubs of the size mentioned to actually pay a transfer fee for a player these days, especially someone as unproven as Vaughan. 

Just popped on to twitter there.

2 people have mentioned it but haven't shared any articles or that.

The second boy also mentions that Killie, Dundee, Dundee Utd, Falkirk, St Mirren and the Pars are all interested.

I doubt it's true though.

I doubt it's true. It's very rare for clubs of the size mentioned to actually pay a transfer fee for a player these days, especially someone as unproven as Vaughan. 

We paid money for Scott Bain and Kevin Holt in our current first team squads.

It's been in our local paper as well that we are after him.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

*shrug*

Canny stand in the boy's way, eh :lol:

We certainly wouldn't replace his quality if he went. Would massively f**k us.

It would have just been a development fee for Holt? I can't recall him being contracted when he left us.

It would have just been a development fee for Holt? I can't recall him being contracted when he left us.

An agreement had to be arranged largely the same way a transfer would as we wouldn't have been able to afford him if it involved going through the courts. Same with Bain.

Suppose we'll just have to sit tight until Bambino7 finishes his dinner and releases the official Lewis Vaughan P&B statement to put all of our crippling worries at ease...

Another week of Vaughanamania here we come. [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]

So, considering Vaughan has a year left to run... let's just say he has no intention of staying after that, what do people think would be a fair/decent price for him this summer?  Personally, would be disappointed if he left for any less than 100k. Our board will be looking to curb the shortfall in cash from their season long f**k ups but I really hope they don't roll over and get their bellies tickled like usual...