The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 hours ago, rrfcgav said:

Would be class if we could get hardie somehow but dunno how likely that is.

Would love to hang on to Hardie but there's almost no chance at all. (Scoring twice for Scotland U20s yesterday hasn't helped to try and keep him out of the spotlight). In fact, there's probably more chance of Tazz1903 posting something sensible and coherent by the end of the season than us signing Hardie.

Not as disappointed with that as I would have in the previous 2 years. Not really surprising given the circumstances when he came back into the team but I didn't think he hit the heights of previous seasons. Number of injuries he has had are bound to take their toll at some point also.

Replacement is obviously key to how much of a loss he'll be. If we were able to replace him with someone like Ben Gordon I would be happy enough.

Ok so we need some signings and hopefully today will be the day we see some new faces arrive.

Would have liked to see Stewart and especially Mango sign back on but hey ho onwards and upwards as Mango would probably be out until Christmas anyway and Steward would be on the physio's bench for most of the season anyway. Bring in another big solid defender (or 3) and another striker and hopefully they won't be that badly missed.

With luck we will also see some of the apprentices break into the team this season and if that's the case it I would hope it could be because we won't be struggling in games.

Jeezo what are some of the roasters on here all about? East Fife fans saying they weren't even born in 1994? Going by his attempted patter I'd doubt he's even 13 never mind 23. It's as good as it gets then it's gonna be a long long season, and I thought virginton was a knob.:rolleyes:

Gutted to lose C. Barr. He was a class act. Can understand him leaving if he couldn't get what he wanted out of us for full time and maybe the club were hoping for some kind of commitment from him after what they did during his time out injured. Also sad to see Stewart go. I heard he didn't sign because his disabled parking badge wasn't included in his new contract. Apparently having one leg bigger than the other isn't a disability anymore...

The rest of the retained group is promising. Can't wait to see Bobby Barr hit the form he has the potential to hit. I'd hope that Smith can get better out of these guys than Locke and Hughes did and that he puts his own stamp on the squad. Wouldn't feel comfortable depending solely on that group of players given what happened last season.

9 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Wouldn't feel comfortable depending solely on that group of players given what happened last season.

I doubt many of us would be comfortable with that group considering there isn't even enough players there to make up an eleven...

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

I doubt many of us would be comfortable with that group considering there isn't even enough players there to make up an eleven...

Good spot captain obvious, what I was referring to was that relying on these guys as our 'core' group would mean relying on the same players that underperformed and were very much involved in relegating us.

Granted the management and other players didn't help much either but most of these guys played plenty of the games which lead to our fall from the Championship. I'd like to see key first team signings made rather than squad players.

Maybe tomorrow.
Capture.PNG.0e629b3aca8098413309f4f68f6e8b9e.PNG

There's every chance. It was said he was apparently signing when he gets back from holiday so hopefully we hear something soon. Think it makes sense that they would sign him especially since they've let Mark Stewart go