The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

I would be happy to see Dougie back at starks. He is the type of defender you need in league 1. I would take Willie Dyer back as well if possible.

Douglas actually sees himself as a Raith fan although growing up s Hibee, I would like to see him back there. He's got the correct attitude that's for sure. 

Douglas actually sees himself as a Raith fan although growing up s Hibee, I would like to see him back there. He's got the correct attitude that's for sure. 

If he's willing to go full time I'd probably take him back. By all accounts the part time/full time hybrid squad had quite a few pitfalls and I wouldn't like to see us go had to that.

Dougie Hill was a good player for us when we needed him. As far as having him in our squad now? I wouldn't touch him. I think bringing someone in who's on his way out of football would be a backwards step.

Bambino really is the man in the know though... if he's not shining Vaughans boots, he's deliberately blocking his mum and dad's toilet so 'Douglas' can come round and fix it and feed him another piece of irrelevant information that he can then go and post onto a football forum.

Barry Smith is a pleasing appointment. Did a very good job with Dundee, particularly in difficult circumstances. Went on that crazy run to get them safe, and then got them 2nd place in the league the following season. Looking back, the Rangers fiasco which got them promoted 3 weeks before the season started put them in a difficult place, so no wonder he struggled in the SPL.

By all accounts has done fairly decent at East Fife. In addition, he has also been a youth coach for both Dundee and Ross County, so fits the bill in that sense.

I would hope now we get the contractual issues with current squad resolved in the next week or so, and get on with rebuilding a squad capable of challenging for the League 1 title

Good appointment. He's the one that sat best with me. Fans of Dundee, Alloa and East Fife speak highly of him, track record of bringing through youth and tries to play attractive football. Hope we get some signing news in the days to come.

Glad we haven't gone down the Jurassic Park route with Campbell or Bollan.