The New Raith Rovers Thread

Had a poor season and was sacked from Norwich, who should have been challenging this season. Not sure I'd take him.

Agreed. He only got Hamilton promoted by virtue of being lucky enough to meet Hubs in the play offs. Any other premier league side would've beaten them and he'd still be a nobody.

There are plenty better options out there.

Hardly a snake. Dundee United were the club he played for. He was offered the job as their manager and it understandably turned his head.

I'd take him and Laurie back if United decide to call time on them. I'd have thought United would give them another season, but you never know.

He had his head turned during the play offs so he's a snake.

Having said that, I would still have him back.

Im sure Mckinnon is quoted somewhere saying it took him a good couple of weeks to make his mind up re the Utd offer, despite handing his resignation in 3 days after our season ended.

What your having a laugh !!!! You would jump at the chance of Alex Neil at Rovers. Considering what is probably on that list Drysdale is holding tight to.

He managed in the Premier League. So did Jeffries. Would you jump at the chance of him managing the Rovers?Aye, thought so.

Christ. I didn't realise it was that quick that McKinnon left us after the playoffs. It felt more like a week or two, but in reality it was just a few days. 

Tbh, I'm not too bothered about the club taking their time so long as they get the appointment right. It's far more important now that we get the right manager in. While Ayr are signing players, we've still got a core of a team which I'm happy with. I'd imagine the next week will have a far larger bearing. 

Knowing our board, they'll probably beg for Locke to come back and end up paying money to Cowden for him. 

3 hours ago, rw89 said:

Christ. I didn't realise it was that quick that McKinnon left us after the playoffs. It felt more like a week or two, but in reality it was just a few days. 

Tbh, I'm not too bothered about the club taking their time so long as they get the appointment right. It's far more important now that we get the right manager in. While Ayr are signing players, we've still got a core of a team which I'm happy with. I'd imagine the next week will have a far larger bearing. 

Knowing our board, they'll probably beg for Locke to come back and end up paying money to Cowden for him. 

You had a "good core of players" last season.

You had a "good core of players" last season.

We did yet ended up appointing Locke? Need I say more?

Had we appointed a half decent manager who's not going to spend a large part of the budget bringing over your 37 year old pal back to Scotland to kid on that he still knows how to play football, then I'm confident that, that "good core of players" would have had us finishing much higher in the table.

16 minutes ago, fatdoug1938 said:

How deluded are you lot? Alex Neil. As in young, promising manager formerly of the English Premiership? He'll step down to the 2nd bottom league in Scotland right enough. You're a wee team again, please remember that

:1eye