The New Raith Rovers Thread

"Certain player transactions not clearly enough explained". 

No, Eric, they were explained quite clearly to us; it just so happened that they were absolutely fucking moronic. That this still hasn't been appreciated says it all. 

14 minutes ago, Michael W said:

"Certain player transactions not clearly enough explained". 

No, Eric, they were explained quite clearly to us; it just so happened that they were absolutely fucking moronic. That this still hasn't been appreciated says it all. 

"These issues came back and bit us on the backside, of that there is no doubt"

fairly clear to me that they have been appreciated - which bit of that is unclear? 

Edited by GhostZapper

1 hour ago, GhostZapper said:

"These issues came back and bit us on the backside, of that there is no doubt"

fairly clear to me that they have been appreciated - which bit of that is unclear? 

"Issues" - It's a complete understatement. 

The words he was looking for are "terrible mistake" and "I'm sorry such a dreadful decision was allowed to be made". 

Is there a glut of people who want to be on our Board?

I see all these calls for Eric to do one. Just wonder who the next Eric is? It's not like we're a big deal. We're a League 1/Championship provincial club who last had anything approaching success 20 years ago.

For those in the know, who are the options for Chief Exec?

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

I see all these calls for Eric to do one. Just wonder who the next Eric is? It's not like we're a big deal. We're a League 1/Championship provincial club who last had anything approaching success 20 years ago.

Bodge.

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We don't need a CEO. We didn't have one before Drysdale invented the title for himself.

We don't need a CEO. We didn't have one before Drysdale invented the title for himself.

If the Chairman and other Board members don't want to do the day to day running of the club then we probably do need a Chief Executive.

I agree that the traditional roles of Chairman, Secretary, etc. seem to be how we operated previously without many issues.

9c6e1037580fa99dc39877428317e5d5.jpg

I don't know about anyone else but I certainly treated the weekend of the final 3 years ago as a bit of success :lol:

It shows where the club are these days. Seaside league titles and our first lower league cup are success. Winning anything is nice if you're Raith Rovers, but it's hardly being back in the big time, despite the opponents.

It's all about your point of reference. Unfortunately for me, it's the '90s. So success is promotion to the top league and winning cups that the Premiership teams participate in.

Finally!! Someone realising that regardless of how loud we shout for a new CEO or BOD, there's hardly a never ending que of directors with the cash to invest in the club or people with the expertise or time to run a club the size of ours full time.

I think we definitely need someone to be running the club on a day to day basis. The sad thing is, despite all his criticism and failings this season, we don't know what kind of job he's actually doing behind the scenes. If he did leave then what could the repercussions be?

I personally don't think he will be in the same role next season. He is now an elected member of Perth City Council which I'm sure has full time commitments in itself so can't imagine him juggling the 2 positions unless his job is split with someone else.

It's all about your point of reference. Unfortunately for me, it's the '90s. So success is promotion to the top league and winning cups that the Premiership teams participate in.

I was 2 when we won the league cup

I was 7 when we were last in the top tier

I'd be pretty depressed when it comes to football if it wasn't for the Ramsden cup win over THEM :lol:

Why do we even need a CEO in League 1?

The fact that Drysdale is a "lifelong fan" is peddled as if that is reason enough to excuse his incompetence. If, and it's a big if, the board do feel the need to employ a CEO I would prefer it if they appointed someone based on their competence rather than who they support.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

It shows where the club are these days. Seaside league titles and our first lower league cup are success. Winning anything is nice if you're Raith Rovers, but it's hardly being back in the big time, despite the opponents.

Those days are past now, and in the past  they must remain .

Why do we even need a CEO in League 1?

The fact that Drysdale is a "lifelong fan" is peddled as if that is reason enough to excuse his incompetence. If, and it's a big if, the board do feel the need to employ a CEO I would prefer it if they appointed someone based on their competence rather than who they support.

Whether it's a CEO or a Chairman or a Secretary, we need someone actively running the club. That person may want some form of salary unless they are doing it out the goodness of their heart.

How much do we think a competent CEO would want for a salary?