The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Christ,a thought Dunfermline supporters saw us a wee team and insignificant.Clearly not the case

You do realise that repeating the "wee team" line over and over again just shows how effective that phrase has been at winding up Rovers fans? It's been a while since I've even seen a Pars fan use it.

Everyone nibbling away like mad these past couple of days. Although if my team was deciding between Dick Campbell and Gary Bollan as our next manager, I'd be on the edge too.

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I would prefer Bollan to Campbell.

I would prefer neither. Wasn't Bollan sacked at Livi for not giving youth players a chance? Surely not what we are after. 

I'm feeling a bit like a broken record here, but I wouldn't want Bollan. Hate to be that person, but my sources who's worked alongside in him in the past said he's completely arrogant in a similar way to Hughes came across. Spoke down to his players whenever he could. 

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

20 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You do realise that repeating the "wee team" line over and over again just shows how effective that phrase has been at winding up Rovers fans?

It doesn,t as contrary to belief it doesn,t bother most Rovers supporters

It's been a while since I've even seen a Pars fan use it.

True,just the season past

20 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Everyone nibbling away like mad these past couple of days. Although if my team was deciding between Dick Campbell and Gary Bollan as our next manager, I'd be on the edge too.

Everyone,!Really?

Good luck if you can find a professional footballer working a 40 hour week. They probably mostly work a third of that at most.

Twelve/ thirteen hours, seriously? Given they ll work about four hours on a match day that means they are only working eight or nine hours for the other six days. It's hardly surprising we have slipped so far behind other European nations if those sort of hours are standard

1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

I would prefer neither. Wasn't Bollan sacked at Livi for not giving youth players a chance? Surely not what we are after. 

Currently given up on our successful U/20's squad.

Pars fans are terrible for realising they've been bested then throwing out a "what a state to get your self in" to look like some genius troll. 

Every time its reeking as well.  

1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

That was the reason given by the board but was total bollocks, he brought through McNulty and Scougall who both went on to move to Sheffield United for a fee. Took us from the 3rd Division to the mid table 1st Division and you'll struggle to find a Livi fan who wasn't surprised at him going. His name briefly comes up whenever we sack a manager though.

Edited by LiviLion

Twelve/ thirteen hours, seriously? Given they ll work about four hours on a match day that means they are only working eight or nine hours for the other six days. It's hardly surprising we have slipped so far behind other European nations if those sort of hours are standard

That would almost make sense. These guys are only training 2 hours per day tops and will likely have about 2 days off per week as well. The fact that we're debating minimum wages and how many hours a FT player will actually work, shows just how long a summer it's going to be.

I have heard stories about when Lambert went to Dortmund that he couldn't believe they did 2 sessions in a day on some training days. The more young talented players we can send abroad to learn the better.

11 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Pars fans are terrible for realising they've been bested then throwing out a "what a state to get your self in" to look like some genius troll. 

Every time its reeking as well.  

Ach, the Debt Dodgers  will keep us right on financial matters , I mean...........oh wait...:whistle

I have heard stories about when Lambert went to Dortmund that he couldn't believe they did 2 sessions in a day on some training days. The more young talented players we can send abroad to learn the better.

Would make a change from us sending it to Rangers or Dumbarton I suppose.

That was the Livingston board's excuse, at the time, for sacking him. I might be wrong, but I think he was replaced by Brian Welsh (clown who tried to pick a fight with Marv at Starks Park when he was Cowden manager), who happened to be the son in law of a Livi director (Gordon McDougall, ex Cowden owner).

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Still can't remember a pars fan claiming that we're insignificant to them. Most pars fans came on the thread before our play-off games to wish us luck, that they would hate to lose us from the league..?

I,m sure if I had the inclination to trawl through old posts I,d find a few

Anyway can we get back to Dick Campbell talk :lol:

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

That was the reason given by the board but was total bollocks, he brought through McNulty and Scougall who both went on to move to Sheffield United for a fee. Took us from the 3rd Division to the mid table 1st Division and you'll struggle to find a Livi fan who wasn't surprised at him going. His name briefly comes up whenever we sack a manager though.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

That was the Livingston board's excuse, at the time, for sacking him. I might be wrong, but I think he was replaced by Brian Welsh (clown who tried to pick a fight with Marv at Starks Park when he was Cowden manager), who happened to be the son in law of a Livi director (Gordon McDougall, ex Cowden owner).

Fair enough and thanks for putting me straight I was only going by what it said on Wikipedia. 

2 hours ago, SuperHans said:

John Collins always brings this up about Monaco with the same point. Ironically, there's been quite a few of the former Hibs players who've came out and said that while it got them performing better, they hated the double sessions he introduced at Hibs.