The New Raith Rovers Thread

He's not the brightest guy and interviews like a ned who's just left school. 

To be fair, I can empathise with Eric. Bare minimum you want is for the candidate to be able to communicate effectively. Monosyllabic grunters need not apply.

Now...bucktoothed Dick does an impressive after dinner speech. Doesn't he? Just saying.

37 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Wonder if the Club will take this rumoured £250,000 from Penman and said Directors fall on their swords?

The way things are going we could do more with the money than with said Directors.

Penman is a hothead but we saw some of our best days when he was at the Club.

Maybe its a couple of directors who dont put anything into the club thats under threat especially one who puts bugger all into the club. The cl ub needs an overhaul  thats pretty  obvious. 

Biggest budget? You know something everyone else doesnt? Sadly that proves nothing considering we couldn't beat a poor Brechin part time outfit over 2 games, Don't have any confidence coming straight back up to be honest especially with the present board having the task of picking a new manager when they got the last 2 appointments badly wrong. Just feel the BOD have undone all the good work of the last few years 

We couldn't beat a part-time Brechin team over 2 games. Our team was at a complete low point, players and manager weren't getting on, crowd on their back etc. But if we had been playing teams like Brechin over the course of the season then I'd have fancied our chances even though our team was in a terrible state.

The last 2 appointments haven't been great. The first one was definitely a bad move but the Hughes appointment was only a bad appointment I hindsight. We could go back through this thread and find plenty of people happy with Hughes getting the job. The BOD are the same people that brought in McKinnon.

Unfortunately, there's people wanting a young manager so we can start this 5 year plan. But by doing that, we run the risk of hiring someone with little or no experience of full time football. Is this a risky move? Wouldn't this be seen as a gamble from the board?

So we have the option of a more experienced manager, someone who's won leagues and worked with all kinds of players throughout Scottish Football and been in the game for a long time. We can't have him, he's a dinosaur! He's no focus on the youth and he's not going to be part of this 5 year plan we all want.

Either way, the only thing we can do is wait, inevitably moan about the appointment and hold our breath until the first few games of the season and see if the BOD have made the right decision.

23 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

To be honest superhans I personally couldn't careless who we appoint if it's a guarantee we get promoted I'll take anyone because anymore than a season in league 1 will destroy us.

We couldn't beat a part-time Brechin team over 2 games. Our team was at a complete low point, players and manager weren't getting on, crowd on their back etc. But if we had been playing teams like Brechin over the course of the season then I'd have fancied our chances even though our team was in a terrible state.

The last 2 appointments haven't been great. The first one was definitely a bad move but the Hughes appointment was only a bad appointment I hindsight. We could go back through this thread and find plenty of people happy with Hughes getting the job. The BOD are the same people that brought in McKinnon.

Unfortunately, there's people wanting a young manager so we can start this 5 year plan. But by doing that, we run the risk of hiring someone with little or no experience of full time football. Is this a risky move? Wouldn't this be seen as a gamble from the board?

So we have the option of a more experienced manager, someone who's won leagues and worked with all kinds of players throughout Scottish Football and been in the game for a long time. We can't have him, he's a dinosaur! He's no focus on the youth and he's not going to be part of this 5 year plan we all want.

Either way, the only thing we can do is wait, inevitably moan about the appointment and hold our breath until the first few games of the season and see if the BOD have made the right decision.

6 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

East Fife have an average ho e support of about 500 yet apparently they bring 1200 to away games at Raith, really???

Yup, in about the same way that Ayr manage to find 3000 when they play Killie in a cup tie every 20  years.

Also known as a derby

Edited by Scottydog

7 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

We're talking about league games here. Oh and by the way Ayr have a population of 50K not the 11K that Methil have!

Oh dear I only mentioned the cup as you haven't had a league fixture with Kilmarnock in the last generations lifetime or more. If you'd like to check though then you'd find that the last league ties at Starks between us and East Fife they managed to bring a four figure travelling support in both games. Put simply this game is like a cup tie to them, it's a big deal if you're a Fife Fan.

Anyway whom so ever gets the biggest gates in this league will hugely depend on who is playing well and not a lot else. Also why the f**k am I defending East Fifes travelling support? I really couldn't give a f**k, if it's a crowd w**k your after try the "walking down the Halbeath Rd" thread, there always up for some of that.

14 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Albion Rovers, Airdrie, Stranraer and Queens Park will bring a bigger support to Ayr than what Raith will.

Simple demographics. 

Great stuff!

I'm pleased for you all.

Albion Rovers, Airdrie, Stranraer and Queens Park will bring a bigger support to Ayr than what Raith will.
Simple demographics. 

Just out of interest, how many fans do the teams mentioned above take to Ayr?

It's a bit of a trek for us. I think I've been to Ayr 3 times. A couple of times in the '90s and once in 2009. Every game was a draw. Can't remember how many we took through last time but it was possibly around 300/400.