The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, steakngravy said:

Have ben told that Alec Penman has offered the Rovers £250,000 on condition that certain board members fall on their swords.  Don't know how true this maybe but do the said people have the bottle to do this and possible save the team they love if there is any semblance of truth in this.

Are you lads trying to set the record for most bullshit?

Who told you this? Why do you think it's acceptable to post confidential information on a public forum just for attention?

Why are you a fanny?

Rubbish! Our budget will be by far the strongest in that league. Ayr had the smallest budget last season and Airdrie are keeping theirs tight as to build themselves gradually through predominantly youth full time contracts. We have assets to move on, players under contract and a big clear out of wages that were misspent last season. £600 per week for the likes of McHattie, even half of that would get you one of the better players in League 1 on a full time contract. The club are quite correctly taking their time on appointing a manager that they believe can get us up. They're taking time to ensure they do t make the same mistake a third time round and their taking their time to get a plan in place. But yet people still want to criticise them..?

£300 per week . That's minimum wage. You really are fucking deluded if you pay wages like that for a full time player.

£300 per week . That's minimum wage. You really are fucking deluded if you pay wages like that for a full time player.

Hands up, my maths was slightly off there. But my point remains that paying £600 per week freed up by releasing a distinctly average player will likely help provide wages that will be better spent at League 1 level.

4 hours ago, Raithie said:

Basically waiting for Mr Campbell to mull things over on his holidays and make a decision ;)

I'm actually a little worried this is true! The "work in progress" should have surely been ongoing as soon as the BoD realised they didn't want Hughes next season, which I'd imagine was a few weeks before the end of the season. So, what, a month of trying to find somebody? Maybe their heads have been turned by Daren Dods since he got Brechin promoted and they're trying to work something out there?

Edited by invocr
Spelling

2 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Have ben told that Alec Penman has offered the Rovers £250,000 on condition that certain board members fall on their swords.  Don't know how true this maybe but do the said people have the bottle to do this and possible save the team they love if there is any semblance of truth in this.

Believe that or similar  offer was made when TH was still with us.He wanted total control and the offer was turned down

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Basically waiting for Mr Campbell to mull things over on his holidays and make a decision ;)

Hey you that's my line :lol:

Edited by Rovers_Lad

1 hour ago, liam_barnett said:

Perhaps you're on the main tweets bit, click on "tweets & replies"

Ah I see, my stalking skills must have dropped

I wonder if the reason is we need to wait on our targets contract expiring, I'm sure with McKinnon we delayed the announcement til midnight cos of that, or maybe Eric was playing one of his 'games'

I heard at the Hibs game at Sp Hughes first game that Penman wanted back involved but 2 directors don't want him. Onr being our CEO. 

I had heard this aswell. I don't know enough about penman to really have an opinion either way.

1 hour ago, invocr said:

I'm actually a little worried this is true! The "work in progress" should have surely been ongoing as soon as the BoD realised they didn't want Hughes next season, which I'd imagine was a few weeks before the end of the season. So, what, a month of trying to find somebody? Maybe their heads have been turned by Daren Does since he got Brechin promoted and they're trying to work something out there?

Maybe waiting for Aitken's contract at Dumbarton to run down?

21 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Maybe waiting for Aitken's contract at Dumbarton to run down?

It runs down on Saturday I believe but I'm not sure you'd need to wait until that runs down to announce anything anyway. In any case, if what I've heard is accurate then your new gaffer won't be Stevie Aitken.