The New Raith Rovers Thread

Pretty confident we will get higher crowds than Ayr.  Wont be by much but I cant see our home gates dropping off by that much (if we make a reasonable start that is.  If it’s a disaster of a season the all bets are off)
Both teams were utter rank last season, but when the sides met the other week Ayr looked a good bit worse than ourselves.  If both teams keep the core of what they have and recruit sensibly, we will be better than Ayr.

I'll be very surprised if you keep your better players, full time championship wages playing in league one is not sustainable. If you do you'll win the league but I seriously doubt it. As for crowds which ever team is leading the league will have the bigger crowds.

Its a double edged sword and probably depends on how immediate the financial implications are. If we sell these guys then it frees up cash but lessens the likelyhood of promotion. But it all depends on what the club can afford to do.

We will have a derby with East Fife who will be foaming at the mouth to finally beat us. That will see us with two reasonable travelling supports at least.

Edited by CALDERON

You're more than a bit of a board apologist SuperHans. Talk us through what each director did last season and what their plans are to move the club forward this year. Talk us through also the club's hospitality and retail operations and how much money was made on each last season.

Its a double edged sword and probably depends on how immediate the financial implications are. If we sell these guys then it frees up cash but lessens the likelyhood of promotion. But it all depends on what the club can afford to do.
We will have a derby with East Fife who will be foaming at the mouth to finally beat us. That will see us with two reasonable travelling supports at least.

Suspect we'll bring a bigger travelling support than East Fife

18 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Suspect we'll bring a bigger travelling support than East Fife

Well they brought around 1200 each time last time, I dont think I have ever seen an Ayr support that big in the past 10 years.

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

offering full time league one wages. 

Going by the fact we've told contracted players, who played in the Championship last season, that they would need to take a possible 25% pay cut, would suggest we're not offering players Championship wages next season but more than likely the same as what you are doing i.e. full time League 1 wages. I'd like to think, financially, this is the more savvy thing to do than get ourselves into the brown stuff. Anything's possible with our board mind you.

Not really we're taking part time championship players and offering full time league one wages. 

Haud the bus, just re-read that. Are you basing your part time players of last season as recognised Championship players i.e. basically re-signing these players???....or have I picked it up wrong and you're hoping to entice players that probably would be keen to play for the part time teams in the Championship but prefer the money being offered in League 1 with yourselves?

Not really we're taking part time championship players and offering full time league one wages. By McCalls own reckoning this is cheaper than being full time in the championship

One of your first signings was a full time Championship player

Hi,

I'm a freelance Sports Reporter. I've just set up my website and my first two articles are with Craig Easton and Lewis Vaughan. I think you guys have already seen the Vaughan interview as it was in The Scotsman, but, if you'd like to read it again or missed it then please feel free to go onto my website which I've posted at the end of this message. 

The link to the Craig Easton article is;

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/05/23/easton-positive-despite-losing-out-on-double/

I am happy to receive any feedback. I will update you if I publish any further Raith related articles. 

Thanks,

Jordan Burt. 

https://jordanburtfootball.com/

Edited by dafcburty

Have ben told that Alec Penman has offered the Rovers £250,000 on condition that certain board members fall on their swords.  Don't know how true this maybe but do the said people have the bottle to do this and possible save the team they love if there is any semblance of truth in this.

Have ben told that Alec Penman has offered the Rovers £250,000 on condition that certain board members fall on their swords.  Don't know how true this maybe but do the said people have the bottle to do this and possible save the team they love if there is any semblance of truth in this.

Doubt there is any truth in that whatsoever!

It's just wishful thinking!

13 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Matthew Elder has tweeted that he's been told "it's a work in a progress" and "to expect no announcement this week."

Basically waiting for Mr Campbell to mull things over on his holidays and make a decision ;)