The New Raith Rovers Thread

Herd from an unreliable source it's mixu [emoji134]‍♂️[emoji119]

I personally like Mixu. Think he comes across well when he's on the TV and Radio. Tries to play football the right way too. Has a bad relegation on his hands where things went all a bit 'John Hughes' but a good record with Killie.

I personally like Mixu. Think he comes across well when he's on the TV and Radio. Tries to play football the right way too. Has a bad relegation on his hands where things went all a bit 'John Hughes' but a good record with Killie.

Won Cowdenbeath the 3rd division too. league One with a top 3 favourite is a sound level for him to get back into management

Criteria for next Rovers manager:

Doesn't move out promising young players to make way for his past-it neeburs.

Doesn't obliterate team confidence by telling them that they're shite.

Fields our best team even though he might not like some of our best players.

Savvy enough to know that we are actually able to gain an emergency loan if we have terrible luck with 'keepers again.

Skilled enough to read a game, see where we're being punished and actually do something about it.

Don't make a rip-roaring c**t of a club that a lot of people have a lot of pride in.

Sure there's more...

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Criteria for next Rovers manager:

Doesn't move out promising young players to make way for his past-it neeburs.

Doesn't obliterate team confidence by telling them that they're shite.

Fields our best team even though he might not like some of our best players.

Savvy enough to know that we are actually able to gain an emergency loan if we have terrible luck with 'keepers again.

Skilled enough to read a game, see where we're being punished and actually do something about it.

Don't make a rip-roaring c**t of a club that a lot of people have a lot of pride in.

Sure there's more...

You forgot.

WIN SOME MATCHES FFS..

Having thought about it, Campbell has more credentials for the job than Young. He actually has a very impressive record at lower league level.

It just makes me cringe and I don't know why.

Doesn't matter who the manager is. Good or bad, us Rovers fans will grind him down with our negativity. They don't stand a chance.

Whoever the lucky man is, if he wins his first few games he'll be the best thing since sliced bread. Obviously we'll turn on him again when it all goes wrong during the horrible winter period.

"We are Rovers supporters, faithful through and through, and over and over we will follow you." Nae luck.

Re: the Dick Campbell rumours, can anyone who has heard this rumour (other than on here) give any indication of where they heard it? The first mention of him I saw, in terms of an interview, was from a poster on Fantalk and I assumed it was a windup. Did the story snowball from there or has anyone ITK heard anything about him from a more direct source? 

I think the job could feasibly go to any of the credible candidates that have been mentioned here. Our board have tried various "types" of manager in the past and their decision making style has varied from astute to bonkers.

Edited by Nairney

Heard it's going to be Jay Stein with Martin Prest as assistant.

Transfer budget spent on a years supply of hair gel for prest?

Surely if they are having a look at dick, but hes go turn them down and the board are probably aware of this, surely its a waste of time. Or do the board stupidly think we are too big a club for him to turn us down?

Re the bates transfer. Surely we had an ace in the fact that bates wanted to sign for his "boyhood heroes" we could have pushed for a load more cash because it was a transfer that him and rangers wanted. Surely we should have been dictating the price to them, not the other way about.