The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm enjoying the delightfully twisted director logic by which Raith "couldn't possibly stand in the way" of Bates going to Sevco and so accepted a 20p mixture in exchange, but think that they'll manage to hold on to Vaughan or anyone else until they get a credible transfer fee. Raith's negotiating position is practically non-existent as a result of relegation: if the player wants to play at a credible level then Raith "couldn't possibly stand in their way" either. 

It's true though

The board want us to go up at the first time of asking and that means having the best possible team on the park (duh) and I really feel a fully fit Vaughan with a decent pre-season behind him could be a massive player for us in League 1. He just needs to look at El Bakhtaoui who tore the league apart and got his move to the Premiership at the back of it. I'm not saying there's any guarantees that Vaughan will go on to perform to that degree next season but you never know. 

He also said that he cant make the terms of the deal public due to an nda  in place with gers.   

In fairness to our board  that is a rock and  hard place.

If Bates really wants to go  as he is gers fan so ok you would want cash.

But  then you have to trust  that lot  to pay you the fee in tiny installments  over 20 years  or whatever pish they are peddling now. 

Maybe we went for Hardie again next season or something else written in ...no way to tell just have to see how that pans out. 

Lets just assume Hans isn't on the board  the utter utter cringe factor of this if  it is a board member would be ludicrous. 

52 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I stand corrected, well it highlights my point even more though. Lets get something for him now, he's another injury or a bad season away from being worthless.

Fine, it's me Mario! The footfall at the bevy park has been low this year so I've got plenty of time to sit in my van and slag Bambino7 off. Just want to cash in on Vaughan or I'm going to have to put the price of my pies up, the price of meat and pastry have gone up since Brexit and I can't get it on from Eastern Europe now.

Christ, check the state of you. 

The board want us to go up at the first time of asking and that means having the best possible team on the park (duh) and I really feel a fully fit Vaughan with a decent pre-season behind him could be a massive player for us in League 1. He just needs to look at El Bakhtaoui who tore the league apart and got his move to the Premiership at the back of it. I'm not saying there's any guarantees that Vaughan will go on to perform to that degree next season but you never know. 

Would you not prefer proven players like B. Barr and McManus? Both proved it at this level?

Christ, check the state of you. 

Has Lewis told you what he had for breakfast this morning? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

2 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Would you not prefer proven players like B. Barr and McManus? Both proved it at this level?

Has Lewis told you what he had for breakfast this morning? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Is that the best you have? :lol: 

7 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I don't think we're in a position to determine whether our contracted players should stay based on whether they can 'prove it' at League 1. You and I both know Vaughan would cut it no problems at all at that level. McManus is no longer on our books so you can forget about him somehow re-signing with us and B Barr is a completely different position to Vaughan. For what it's worth I'd happily keep all current contracted players who I feel are more than adequate, with the right manager at the helm, to help us get out of League 1. If they were all to stay I think the Vaughan/Stewart partnership could be handy up top.

I don't think we're in a position to determine whether our contracted players should stay based on whether they can 'prove it' at League 1. You and I both know Vaughan would cut it no problems at all at that level. McManus is no longer on our books so you can forget about him somehow re-signing with us and B Barr is a completely different position to Vaughan. For what it's worth I'd happily keep all current contracted players who I feel are more than adequate, with the right manager at the helm, to help us get out of League 1. If they were all to stay I think the Vaughan/Stewart partnership could be handy up top.

There's no denying that Vaughan could cut it at this level. It is interesting that one of the POTY winners who is also under contract has barely been mentioned. Always seems to be the case when when fans have a young talent coming through the ranks, they are seen in a different light from the others.

If we keep Vaughan and he stays injury free and does enough to break into the first team as a regular then I'm sure he can score goals and create flare etc. But the reality is that he wants a challenge, been let down by the club, will likely want to move on. And if he does move on, the board will be slated again, the grumbles and moaners will say "we missed our chance" and Lewis Vaughan will have been the saviour of Raith Rovers. When the reality of it is, we'll get a fee for him, free up a wage and hopefully be able to replace a player that has had very little contribution to the first team in 2 years with someone or keep hold of someone like B.Barr that can do the job for us.

It's not really your problem, no one really cares about your patronising views. Just you concentrate on your own club and do what you always do. Spend spend spend

With on course to post another profit this year BTW, we seem to have gathered that we only spend what we have.

Everyone seems to think that us staying full time is a massive gamble, QoS, Morton and Them stayed full time, it's about the recruitment of a decent manager and players that actually want to play for us. People suggesting Dick fucking Campbell....seriously!!!!

We averaged well over double what you would along with having the centenary lifeline giving over 200 grand a year, and we still struggled, although we did post a profit.

6 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

There's no denying that Vaughan could cut it at this level. It is interesting that one of the POTY winners who is also under contract has barely been mentioned. Always seems to be the case when when fans have a young talent coming through the ranks, they are seen in a different light from the others.

If we keep Vaughan and he stays injury free and does enough to break into the first team as a regular then I'm sure he can score goals and create flare etc. But the reality is that he wants a challenge, been let down by the club, will likely want to move on. And if he does move on, the board will be slated again, the grumbles and moaners will say "we missed our chance" and Lewis Vaughan will have been the saviour of Raith Rovers. When the reality of it is, we'll get a fee for him, free up a wage and hopefully be able to replace a player that has had very little contribution to the first team in 2 years with someone or keep hold of someone like B.Barr that can do the job for us.

That's far from the reality of the situation:

Getting back up is a challenge;

He doesn't feel let down by the club; In fact, quite the opposite. 

He will move on if the club indicate they want him to go and the right club comes in for him. 

Edited by Bambino7

We averaged well over double what you would along with having the centenary lifeline giving over 200 grand a year, and we still struggled, although we did post a profit.

Sorry if it seems I'm having a go, but the fact we have all but given up on the Reclaim the Rovers idea. We should be doing all we can to strengthen RRFC

Vaughan is the type of player who could make all the difference in League One - we have no one else that offers a decent link between midfield and the strikers like him. How many times did we see teams come to Starks and sit in against us, for us to fail to score and get hit on the break? Not saying he'll be the saviour, but he offers us something no one else does. The alternative, of course was resorting to just lumping it. 

If anyone would care to suggest some other players we could go after who would be a good replacement (and happy to go to League 1 club) then please do offer some suggestions. 

As I've said several times now, the harsh reality is that aomewhere in the region of £20-30k will get any of our players worth bothering about because it's buying out their contract. Well, that and the fact the board can't stand in their way, eh? More likely it'll be £20 and a Mars bar, perhaps even upped to a king sized Mars bar if the board use their super negotiating skills. 

Edited by Michael W

If we keep Vaughan and he stays injury free and does enough to break into the first team as a regular then I'm sure he can score goals and create flare etc.
I suppose opinions vary, I would say Lewis is already a first teamer and has nothing to prove, he was only lacking match sharpness when he was put out on loan.
He lived up to his side of the bargain by scoring goals and taking points off other teams, it was The Rovers that ultimately let the side down by not doing enough.
We should be building the team around Vaughan, Matthews, Callachan and Court, having them supported by our senior players Bene, Jason, Mango and Bobby Barr.
Getting the right Manager in is as important as keeping our young guns together.

That's far from the reality of the situation:
Getting back up is a challenge;
He doesn't feel let down by the club; In fact, quite the opposite. 
He will move on if the club indicate they want him to go and the right club comes in for him. 

So basically the point I have been making the whole time... If he gets an offer then he'll be away, only if it's to the clubs satisfaction and he wants to go. If he didn't want to go then his Scotsman interview would have been a waste of time as he'd have committed his future to the club rather than mention he wanted to go upwards through the leagues rather than spend a season in League 1.

Fair play to him for that and good luck to him. I'm sure you'll enjoy telling all the fans of his new club all of his personal intricacies. As far as my opinion on him staying, I've always said that so far, we have not had the best of him and if it was down to selling him on or keeping him, I'd rather free up a wage, get some money in and try to retain a player or look at signing someone else.

4 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

There's no denying that Vaughan could cut it at this level. 

All the more reason to try and entice him to stay.

does enough to break into the first team as a regular

Personally I can't see Vaughan struggling for game time with us if he stays.

been let down by the club, will likely want to move on. 

Or he'll realise the person who didn't want to play him has now gone and sees it as a fresh start.

5 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

And if he does move on, the board will be slated again, 

Well to a degree, would depend on the reasoning behind him leaving. If it's down to him not wanting to play League 1 football that's outwith our control and Vaughan wasn't really part of the team that got us where we are just now. If it's down to the fact he feels his relationship with the club has been tarnished then the board have to take some responsibility for that. They appointed Locke who didn't want to play him and the board will have had to sanction his loan move in some capacity. 

12 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

When the reality of it is, we'll get a fee for him, free up a wage and hopefully be able to replace a player that has had very little contribution to the first team in 2 years with someone or keep hold of someone like B.Barr that can do the job for us.

We have no idea what the situation is with these players and for all we know they might BOTH want to stay with us. Locke's away which will mean Vaughan is happy and Hughes is away which means B Barr will be happy. Win win. You never know, if Locke have put a bit of faith in Vaughan he might have scored the goals that could have kept us up, he managed that with Dumbarton.

Just now, SuperHans said:

So basically the point I have been making the whole time... If he gets an offer then he'll be away, only if it's to the clubs satisfaction and he wants to go. If he didn't want to go then his Scotsman interview would have been a waste of time as he'd have committed his future to the club rather than mention he wanted to go upwards through the leagues rather than spend a season in League 1.

Fair play to him for that and good luck to him. I'm sure you'll enjoy telling all the fans of his new club all of his personal intricacies. As far as my opinion on him staying, I've always said that so far, we have not had the best of him and if it was down to selling him on or keeping him, I'd rather free up a wage, get some money in and try to retain a player or look at signing someone else.

That's not the point you have been trying to make at all.  If the club tell him they are encouraging offers for him then he may go, it's not something that he will push for though as like I've said previously he's loyalty to the club. You fail to acknowledge this though. 

What personal details have I told?  In fact, you're the one guessing he wants to leave, play on a bigger stage and feels let down by the club, not anyone else.   Fair enough the last part of your post, that's only your opinion.

We have no idea what the situation is with these players and for all we know they might BOTH want to stay with us. Locke's away which will mean Vaughan is happy and Hughes is away which means B Barr will be happy. Win win. You never know, if Locke have put a bit of faith in Vaughan he might have scored the goals that could have kept us up, he managed that with Dumbarton.

Locke gave him a chance though. Vaughan started or featured in the majority of the games at the start of the season. Then suddenly there's a change of heart and he's not ready for Locke's big plan. I'm not backing Locke here for 1 minute but something obviously didn't work out for him. Does this mean that if we keep Vaughan, the board are going to have to appoint a manager that gets on with him? Will Lewis Vaughan be invited into the panel for interviews to make sure he's got a place in his squad? Losing Vaughan didn't cost us our place in the league, him scoring the goals didn't cost us our place in the league either. He was given a chance and he didn't do it.

3 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Locke gave him a chance though. Vaughan started or featured in the majority of the games at the start of the season. Then suddenly there's a change of heart and he's not ready for Locke's big plan. I'm not backing Locke here for 1 minute but something obviously didn't work out for him. Does this mean that if we keep Vaughan, the board are going to have to appoint a manager that gets on with him? Will Lewis Vaughan be invited into the panel for interviews to make sure he's got a place in his squad? Losing Vaughan didn't cost us our place in the league, him scoring the goals didn't cost us our place in the league either. He was given a chance and he didn't do it.

Other players also didn't perform, hence why we were relegated. I didn't see them being told they weren't going to play again and being emptied out on loan. Scapegoat springs to mind.

Edited by bobbykdy