The New Raith Rovers Thread

What you in about zen ya bam pot.... "get over it" this is the first comment I've made since we got relegated. That's the problem with our fans... too many arse holes... worst fans in Scotland man. We all support the same team ffs!

[emoji23][emoji23] come on now! Does it really matter if the board have to tell us that M'Voto has left? I'm sure there's plenty more that are on their way. Sometimes the "problem" is that people like to find faults and failures regardless.

[emoji23][emoji23] come on now! Does it really matter if the board have to tell us that M'Voto has left? I'm sure there's plenty more that are on their way. Sometimes the "problem" is that people like to find faults and failures regardless.

Not really... but that wasn't my point. My point was that most of the people who don't comment on a regular basis are shot down by the " elite" clique on this thread that seems to think they know everything about our club.... they know who they are. folk can't comment without getting their opinion ridiculed half the time. With regards to the negatively that has been brought to the club this season, us as supporters are as much to blame as any.... we can't agree on the colour of shite min

Don't care who he's gone to and happy to see him away. What I'd like to know though is when it was all agreed. Must have been a while ago which would explain some of his performances over the past 6-7 weeks. As others have said he started horrifically, grew into the team and had a few great games, but his ends of season form was as bad as I can remember. For a guy his size his heading really is poor and he he can't pass the ball so he'll always gift at least one chance a game.

Regarding the managers position I've been told, by the same contact who let me know about Locke before it broke in the media, that Craig Easton has it. Darren Young is apparently very keen but has accepted it'll likely go to Easton and Billy Stark could be off to Clyde anyway. No guarantee that this is 100% correct but my contact is very rarely wrong.

Don't care who he's gone to and happy to see him away. What I'd like to know though is when it was all agreed. Must have been a while ago which would explain some of his performances over the past 6-7 weeks. As others have said he started horrifically, grew into the team and had a few great games, but his ends of season form was as bad as I can remember. For a guy his size his heading really is poor and he he can't pass the ball so he'll always gift at least one chance a game.

Regarding the managers position I've been told, by the same contact who let me know about Locke before it broke in the media, that Craig Easton has it. Darren Young is apparently very keen but has accepted it'll likely go to Easton and Billy Stark could be off to Clyde anyway. No guarantee that this is 100% correct but my contact is very rarely wrong.

I'm not sure I'm that keen on Easton but, as others have mentioned, at the level we're now at attractive options will be few and far between.

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Was anyone on this?

raithhorse.JPG

I'm not the tallest, but Do I look like a f*****g jockey?

F*****g horse would hardly be able to walk never mind run!

15 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

If indeed it comes to pass then I hope it's not a bad move, espescially for CE.

I'm not sure I'm that keen on Easton but, as others have mentioned, at the level we're now at attractive options will be few and far between.

That's our problem. There isn't going to be a guaranteed successful appointment so whoever it is is going to be a risk. It was the same last year when talking about who would replace McKinnon only difference being when it became Locke we all knew it wasn't a risk as such but the first nail in relegation coffin.

Doesn't matter if we think it's a risk or not. I don't think anyone on here thought after appointing Hughes that we would get relegated. That worked out well. 

If it is Easton, good luck to him. Always comes across well in interviews. 

17 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Cleaned up at POTY awards, now signs for the big team.

That's got to hurt.

Not massively, given that he fucked up against Hibs, St Mirren and Brechin at different stages in the final few games. Players come and go, but there are far more important players we could potentially lose. 

It's a bit of a shame that he's left, but given the wages he was on it's not unexpected. He was probably our best player this year but fucked up in the majority of our most important games. There was no way he was going to stay anyway, so fair play to him for getting another Championship club lined up.

I see Chairman did an interview with Raith TV the day after, what did you think of what he had to say?

Go back a few pages.

I liked M'Voto, and he was capable of being tremendous, Hibs on Christmas Eve comes to minds, but, Jesus Christ was he hopeless in the last few games this season.

He never exactly inspired confidence and I would bet that for the Pars in some games he will be the towering colossus his physique portrays but equally he will gift his opponents goals, either due to coming up against faster players with the ability to outwit him of due to him just generally fucking up.

For what it's worth I've been told that the role will be offered to Craig but unless he has a change of heart he won't accept it.

9 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Both Quitongo and Nesbitt made him look like a massive fud repeatedly. His mobility was horrific. For a big guy, a total lightweight in challenges in the games against us.

He's laughed at because he's a fucking terrible football player.

Quitongo played him against once and didn't even score in that game. Which isn't a shock as Quitongo very rarely scores at all. Most overrated player since Dominic Shimmin.

8 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Cleaned up at POTY awards, now signs for the big team.

That's got to hurt.

I'll happily pay his taxi fare. In fairness the guys is (usually) imperious in the air, except when he catastrophically isn't.  His passing and distribution is awful and he's generally weak when players run at him.

But, he heiders the ball a lot. Hence why he won the poty.