The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'd be amazed if Craig Easton didn't get the job now. He wasn't interested in the job when Hughes got appointed but that was down to the task at hand with the players we had. He can now create his own Raith Rovers team pretty much from scratch. He'll be interested now I'd have thought..

I'd be amazed if Craig Easton didn't get the job now. He wasn't interested in the job when Hughes got appointed but that was down to the task at hand with the players we had. He can now create his own Raith Rovers team pretty much from scratch. He'll be interested now I'd have thought..

Might be wrong but I thought I read on Sunday that Easton had already told the board he didn't want it?

Seriously?? You wouldn't want someone like Young or Aitken to get the job but rather have Craig Easton? The guys done a good job with the Dev team but he's won a league that was pretty average and no where near the standard we'd be playing at in League 1.

Granted, he's great for the club and I'm happy that Young did say the Dev Team will remain a priority and having Easton there will be good for him to develop his career and keep the team churning out players but let's calm down a bit.

Seriously?? You wouldn't want someone like Young or Aitken to get the job but rather have Craig Easton? The guys done a good job with the Dev team but he's won a league that was pretty average and no where near the standard we'd be playing at in League 1.

Granted, he's great for the club and I'm happy that Young did say the Dev Team will remain a priority and having Easton there will be good for him to develop his career and keep the team churning out players but let's calm down a bit.

:lol: When did I say I wouldn't want Aitken or Young?

:lol: When did I say I wouldn't want Aitken or Young?

Ah ok so you'd just be "amazed" if Easton didn't get the job. Would you be flabbergasted if Young got the job or dumbstruck I'd Aitken got the job or apoplectic if McGlyn came back?

Please enlighten me to why you would so shocked if Easton didn't get the job?

11 hours ago, virginton said:

Bobby Barr didn't win League One for Morton - he was at the bumpkin outfit that sent you slithering down into the seaside leagues that season. I suspect that McManus has already left for Fleetwood with no intention of ever coming back.

I must say that watching Airdrie, Ayr and Raith all scrabbling to fund full-time football in the third tier is extremely amusing to watch from the box seats. Only one of them can go up automatically next season and even then - given the absolute dregs that the several, shan full-time teams will now be fighting over - it's not out of the question that a part-time side could win the league anyway. Particularly if Alloa end up staying down. 

With so many clubs staking the mortgage on winning promotion that league looks set to be absolutely cutthroat. Enjoy. 

image.png.5347051a7569c6e005a1c48caee033ea.png

You don't sound like a supercilious wee dick, much. While you maybe watching from the 'box seats':wacko: now, you don't seem to recall us being perilously close to being out of the game altogether , then scrambling about the third division (not to mention getting pumped by 5/6 goals off 'shan' outfits such as Ayr Utd) For one so interested in history, I'd have thought you'd be more wary of grave dancing.

and for the record, I'm not on the verge of tears (or scrambling for fkn relevance)

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

Ah ok so you'd just be "amazed" if Easton didn't get the job. Would you be flabbergasted if Young got the job or dumbstruck I'd Aitken got the job or apoplectic if McGlyn came back?

They two managers have experience of managing a first team and doing it successfully.  

Is it not a bit early to be drinking?

I reckon he'll get the job going by what the chairman said in his interview. He's looking for a manager to work closely with the youth players and try and get a few of them into the team in the next couple of years. Aitken hasn't really worked with youth at Dumbarton. Rules him out IMO.

As much as McGlynn coming back would be decent to set the club on the right path again, I don't think he would give him his decent scouting job at Celtic for a team in League 1.

Not mad on the Easton idea myself, I like him but he's only managed an u20 side for one season in, let's be brutally honest, a weak league we'd expect to at least challenge for. I don't mean that to detract from the very good job he's doing but let's leave him where he is for now.

Also never convinced internal appointments are the way to go. Bear in mind Easton has had a lot to do with the first-team under Hughes and has likely been the 'good guy' trying to keep the players heads up after Hughes' latest rant. Hard to transition from that into their manager - Grant Murray has openly admitted since leaving Rovers he had great difficulty with it.

Having said that I'm not sure who I'd appoint. It genuinely is a lottery appointing managers, there's no reason based on track records that Ray McKinnon would be successful for us while Ian Murray wouldn't at St Mirren, for example. Would be happy with anyone relatively young but ideally with a few years experience in either management or coaching, in a similar vein to McKinnon or McGlynn.

12 minutes ago, cornbeef said:

You don't sound like a supercilious wee dick, much. While you maybe watching from the 'box seats':wacko: now, you don't seem to recall us being perilously close to being out of the game altogether , then scrambling about the third division (not to mention getting pumped by 5/6 goals off 'shan' outfits such as Ayr Utd) For one so interested in history, I'd have thought you'd be more wary of grave dancing.

and for the record, I'm not on the verge of tears (or scrambling for fkn relevance)

You weren't aware he is a drivelling dork, really?

14 minutes ago, cornbeef said:

Morton didn't 'scramble about the Third Division' at all. We came out of administration and immediately stormed to the title in front of the largest crowd in the history of that league. Your current white knighting effort on behalf of bumpkins is borne out of your absolute hounding on the Morton forum; a more pathetic individual than yourself could not be found.

Unlucky.

1494833619696.jpg.d697aeb124264df573b0405353b92979.jpg 

Is it not a bit early to be drinking?

I reckon he'll get the job going by what the chairman said in his interview. He's looking for a manager to work closely with the youth players and try and get a few of them into the team in the next couple of years. Aitken hasn't really worked with youth at Dumbarton. Rules him out IMO.

As much as McGlynn coming back would be decent to set the club on the right path again, I don't think he would give him his decent scouting job at Celtic for a team in League 1.

I don't know if it's too early but seems like you've had a good scoopful already.

So we bring Easton up to first team and who do we bring in for the Dev Team?

Easton has no experience of first team management and has won the East of Scotland Development League. Is that the credentials you think would be enough to take over a full-time team that have just been relegated that must come straight back up?

The Chairman said there would be more focus on the Development squad and they'll be relied upon much more but if you managed to assume that he meant Easton will be the new manager then fair play to you Sherlock but as far as I'm concerned, I'd be amazed if Easton did get the job!

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

Morton didn't 'scramble about the Third Division' at all. We came out of administration and immediately stormed to the title in front of the largest crowd in the history of that league. Your current white knighting effort on behalf of bumpkins is borne out of your absolute hounding on the Morton forum; a more pathetic individual than yourself could not be found.

Unlucky.

1494833619696.jpg.d697aeb124264df573b0405353b92979.jpg 

Absolutely rattled  :lol:

7 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I don't know if it's too early but seems like you've had a good scoopful already.

Easton has no experience of first team management and has won the East of Scotland Development League. Is that the credentials you think would be enough to take over a full-time team that have just been relegated that must come straight back up?

The Chairman said there would be more focus on the Development squad and they'll be relied upon much more but if you managed to assume that he meant Easton will be the new manager then fair play to you Sherlock but as far as I'm concerned, I'd be amazed if Easton did get the job!

Darren Young is a shoe in, in my opinion ;) 

Can I ask why you've got yourself worked up over somebody's opinion? :lol:

I said I'd like Easton to get the job and think he will.

You then asked why I wouldn't want Young or Aitken..despite the fact I never said I didn't. :lol:

I also never said Young was talking about Easton in his interview.. :lol:

You are taking what you want to see out of my posts..

I said hearing Young talk about YOUTH being the main criteria that he's looking for in the next manager, I think Easton's the right man for the job. You clearly don't. It's all about opinions.

A board member speaks, why don't you just blame the fans for the Rovers plight, you seem to be a know it all.