The New Raith Rovers Thread

59 minutes ago, sonicsco said:

Bobby Barr a Declan McManus all seem to of really enjoyed winning league one with morton and loved the moment hopefully they will be telling the players to go win the league and stay and enjoy it.

Bobby Barr didn't win League One for Morton - he was at the bumpkin outfit that sent you slithering down into the seaside leagues that season. I suspect that McManus has already left for Fleetwood with no intention of ever coming back.

I must say that watching Airdrie, Ayr and Raith all scrabbling to fund full-time football in the third tier is extremely amusing to watch from the box seats. Only one of them can go up automatically next season and even then - given the absolute dregs that the several, shan full-time teams will now be fighting over - it's not out of the question that a part-time side could win the league anyway. Particularly if Alloa end up staying down. 

With so many clubs staking the mortgage on winning promotion that league looks set to be absolutely cutthroat. Enjoy. 

image.png.5347051a7569c6e005a1c48caee033ea.png

Bobby Barr didn't win League One for Morton - he was at the bumpkin outfit that sent you slithering down into the seaside leagues that season. I suspect that McManus has already left for Fleetwood with no intention of ever coming back.
I must say that watching Airdrie, Ayr and Raith all scrabbling to fund full-time football in the third tier is extremely amusing to watch from the box seats. Only one of them can go up automatically next season and even then - given the absolute dregs that the several, shan full-time teams will now be fighting over - it's not out of the question that a part-time side could win the league anyway. Particularly if Alloa end up staying down. 
With so many clubs staking the mortgage on winning promotion that league looks set to be absolutely cutthroat. Enjoy. 
image.png.5347051a7569c6e005a1c48caee033ea.png

Wonder if we'll get a chance to follow in Morton's footsteps by getting humped out a cup by Spartans.

That must have been exciting.

Your fanbase and board would crawl over broken glass right now to have a season like we did in 2014/15 and return in one go. Unfortunately for you our successful return was based on a larger budget and the fact that our only credible title rival utterly imploded and ended up finishing 7th. Your challenge is much more difficult and I'm afraid that we might not be seeing you for quite some time. 

That's a wee shame.  

Spoiler

1494198223552.jpg.d40f000683c67b9301fc1ba52db93855.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

If raith stay full time I imagine they maybe look at Aitken from Dumbarton heard a whisper of mark burchill as well but still early doors 

If Mark Burchill is appointed I'd be starting a campaign to bring back Gary Locke. Horrendous manager. You only need to speak to the Livi Board to see what a difference Hopkin was compared to Burchill.

We had to stay full time. A drop down to part time would've almost guaranteed us staying down there for a few years at least.

If Mark Burchill is appointed I'd be starting a campaign to bring back Gary Locke. Horrendous manager. You only need to speak to the Livi Board to see what a difference Hopkin was compared to Burchill.

We had to stay full time. A drop down to part time would've almost guaranteed us staying down there for a few years at least.

If you'd gone part time I wouldn't have been surprised to see a repeat of what happened to Cowdenbeath. A rapid decline to the depths of Scottish football.

I've mixed feelings now about Raith going FT. On one hand it'll make for a much more exciting league with 3 FT teams and a challenging Alloa if they don't go up.

However it also means there is no margin for error here. We've just went all in and if we don't go up (playoffs as a minimum) we could be in hot water.

7 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

However it also means there is no margin for error here. We've just went all in and if we don't go up (playoffs as a minimum) we could be in hot water.

That is what is worrying me about us!

That is what is worrying me about us!

It does bring a bit of drama and will make the title race a lot more intense. Two clubs that are chasing the title because the long term future of their clubs is at stake.

I might no be good for my heart but I'm looking forward to this.

Posting losses as a full time club in this division with some pretty beneficial cup ties.

This can only end in tears.

Ayr are relying on the regular cup tie against Dunfermline to save our club from liquidation.

Seriously though, I will miss EEP next season. Had some decent games there in the last two seasons. Hope we get back there soon.

ce67645c4a9f4aec0b524db129e68ce3.jpg

This will be my favourite !!

Look on the brightside Two trips along the Standing Stane await you . Two sell outs for East Fife hospitality sold out . I would imagine that will mean a bigger budget for the manager .Every penny counts. Cant help but smile .But on a serious note hope your board make the right choices when deciding how to structure the club for next season .1st division full time status is sometimes a loosley used term. Players under contract you would think will have 2 choices remain with less money or they could be allowed to leave maybe for free all depends whats in there contract anything drawn up regarding
whats just happend common buisness practice i would have thought . Thats maybe why the board are taking there time