The New Raith Rovers Thread

Would like to see the part of the interview that was cut when Davie mentions the signing policy.

from what I heard on the interview, it looked like Locke had a free reign to sign who he wanted as long as he didn't break the budget, that can't be the right way to do it.

Would like to see the part of the interview that was cut when Davie mentions the signing policy.
from what I heard on the interview, it looked like Locke had a free reign to sign who he wanted as long as he didn't break the budget, that can't be the right way to do it.

How else do you do it? You cannae appoint the manager than tell him he can't sign the players he wants?

1 minute ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Apologies if the issue has been addressed since Saturday, but what's the script with the players who are contracted for next season?

Are they staying and are Rovers staying full-time or are they free to go as rumoured in the aftermath of the Brechin result?

Staying FT but no news on players yet. 

Surely that's the only way to do it?

Whilst Locke's signing policy was clearly shambolic, you can't really have the board telling him who to sign. They appointed him and therefore had to back him.

Staying FT but no news on players yet. 

Fair enough. I think that's the best move for you guys to be honest, albeit I'll openly concede I don't know the financial ins and outs involved.

You'd imagine then that guys like Benedictus, Vaughan and the others would stay then, unless a cash offer came in? Which I'd imagine would restrict prospective buyers to the likes of Dundee United and Falkirk from this division.

I'd like to second that. This Raith squad is a reasonable carcass for clubs like us to pick at.
We'll take Mark Stewart purely to put an end to him scoring against us at every opportunity. McHattie would also be a reasonable Daniel Harvie replacement.

I heard we were within a whisker of signing Stewart before the Vaughan deal.

Anyway, McHattie.. I expected better from you s08.

11 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Also interesting that he claimed some of the new players didn't fit in with the existing players. Not great for team spirit or harmony.

Another fantastic indictment of "Lockey's" managerial qualities. 

4 minutes ago, albundy said:

I heard we were within a whisker of signing Stewart before the Vaughan deal.

Anyway, McHattie.. I expected better from you s08.

Doubt he would've been as good (or as :wub:) as Lewy, but it's good to know we were interested. Decent player at this level.

I'm not happy (or not Hattie, eh, eh...) with all this Kevin bashing. I think he'd do a decent job for us. 

Anyway, it's all totally irrelevant given we've heard nothing about, really, anything since the season ended...*hint DFC hint*

Mark Stewart is an enigma. As are most of our players to be honest. I can see how supporters from other clubs may think they should sign some of our players. But honestly..you's have done fine with your own players.