The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, rrfsee said:

How would you all feel about a Laurie Ellis/Craig Easton management team?

I've been thinking since Saturday, I'd like to see Laurie at least get interviewed for the job. 

However, next season is huge for us and can really shape our future, we need to bounce straight back. Any appointment is a risk but I'm not sure it's the right time to appoint somebody with no management experience. 

9 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

you can believe that or not, but im fairly confident in the information I was told at the time. I'd be interested in what information you have that it isn't correct though.....

However, I would agree, it wasn't absolutely nailed on that he had to go out on loan, if the only other club wasn't suitable.

I don't have any confirmed info,just don't believe that out of all the teams in Scotland for instance that only .Brechin and Dumbarton were interested

Irrespective,it was a cock up giving him to one of our rivals.

11 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I've been thinking since Saturday, I'd like to see Laurie at least get interviewed for the job. 

However, next season is huge for us and can really shape our future, we need to bounce straight back. Any appointment is a risk but I'm not sure it's the right time to appoint somebody with no management experience. 

If Dundee United get promoted, then I would doubt he would drop down 2 divisions. Being assistant in the PL for a season or two would give him a fantastic grounding for a future career as a manager.

So, D-Day today, apparently - should be some news on where things are heading this evening. 

Meanwhile, below is a list of people accepting any share of the blame for this hideous excuse of a season:

Edited by Michael W

So, D-Day today, apparently - should be some news on where things are heading this evening. 
Meanwhile, below is a list of people accepting any share of the blame for this hideous excuse of a season:

Nail on the fucking head my friend. Not one accepting any blame. You should have said The Fans

I'm sure we would all have jumped up and down with excitement if McGlynn got the gig 12 months ago.

I know we wouldn't have but the board should've had the decency to at least give him a call back to let him know. He was a good servant for the time he spent at the club. His football wasn't pretty too watch most of the time but it was done on a shoestring budget and he did bring us Casa

I though the interview with Alan Young was okay. He's obviously not a natural for interviews and he is probably embarrassed by events this season.

If I had a criticism of him personally, it would be that he has not been a visible figurehead for the club, as a Chairman should be. However, we have a CEO who is the figurehead, so given the set up it's understandable.

Hopefully we get a bit more information on where we're going after the meetings today.

When is the follow up interview taking place? End of the week?

I know we wouldn't have but the board should've had the decency to at least give him a call back to let him know. He was a good servant for the time he spent at the club. His football wasn't pretty too watch most of the time but it was done on a shoestring budget and he did bring us Casa

I would doubt that he was just ignored after not getting the job. A man with the respect and knowledge of the club would have been told one way or other what the situation was.

He was exactly what we needed back then just like Calderon and Jimmy Nic were. Is he needed now? We've all moaned about how things need to be freshened up at the club and how things need to change. But then we want to play it safe and go back to an older manager.

Ellis would be a premature appointment for me, no proven record of actually managing a job. He's done a great job for us as assistant and proved his worth at Dundee Utd. Not ready for the job yet.

Whatever way the board go, it's going to be scrutinised. It will split opinions and it will be a gamble. However, how can the board make decisions on players futures at the club today if they don't already have a candidate in the wings. What would be the point of releasing players or getting players to stay of they don't fit into the new managers plans? It's not like they've had since Saturday to work out what to do for a manager, I'm sure Hughes was always going to leave the club unless he had any real success.

Darren Young's appearance at Starks on Saturday could be a clue to who's coming in next.

1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

Doesn't mince his words does Matthew Elder in Fife Today.

In a season of baffling decisions, the mismanagement of Lewis Vaughan was the biggest blunder of all, and the sight of the youngster in tears on Pratt Street on Saturday should shame all who were involved in putting a 21-year-old in an impossible position.

33 minutes ago, renton said:

Can't argue with any of what he says really.

4 hours ago, renton said:

In fairness, that's me every fucking pre season.

Bates isn't even the first, same thing happened with Toshney - United approached him, turned his head and we had little choice but to let him go for some fucking nominal fee. That we lost Toshney and Bates over the course of a few months was perhaps the biggest disaster of them all, leaving us precious little cover and relying on M'Voto who was a class below either of those two in terms of actually kicking a ball and finding a team mate, and who's aerial prowess deserted him at critical moments. 

You guys can have Toshney back if you like.

The bottom line for me is that catastrophic errors of judgement were made at the club on numerous occasions this season which relegated the club. Yet there's no hint of an apology or even an acceptance that lessons need to be learned.

The 'We are all Rovers supporters too' defence to excuse incompetence is frankly pathetic. If that's all you need to be on the Board, let's do it job share and give everyone in the South Stand a go. 

Hurry up and announce you're going to let everyone under contract leave for nothing so you can go part-time.

Kind regards,
Everyone who wants to sign Lewis Vaughan

Edited by Dunning1874