The New Raith Rovers Thread

Highly uninspiring that it's going to be the same four entirely unqualified board members to hire the new manager. Alan Young - accountant, Eric Drysdale - banker, Mario Caira - local businessman and Val McDermid - crime writer. I have no doubt they have the club at heart, but they're not qualified in any way to judge a football manager. Realistically, what more do they know about the intricacies of football management than any other supporter in the stand? Would a chef be on the interview panel for a mortgage advisor? Or a nurse on the panel for a car salesman? We need to be looking to get someone with some kind of football background involved, specifically during the recruitment process.

What's Maurice Malpas up to these days?

don't envy the job of the interviewer but thought he did well, on the subject on smaller away supports can you not just open small railway stand which is used as overflow as surely this is cheaper to run than the big away stand. Will be interesting so see the second interview once some decisions have been made, also are Raith looking at a female manager or was he being P.C.

3 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

don't envy the job of the interviewer but thought he did well, on the subject on smaller away supports can you not just open small railway stand which is used as overflow as surely this is cheaper to run than the big away stand. Will be interesting so see the second interview once some decisions have been made, also are Raith looking at a female manager or was he being P.C.

For part of the season we were housing smaller away supports in the corner of the Main Stand closest to the South Stand but at one point because apparently "it was giving away teams an advantage their supports being so close to the tunnel" we reverted to every away support in the McDermid Stand, apparently the Key-Tech Stand was the same for giving teams an advantage because of players running down the wing.

1 minute ago, liam_barnett said:

For part of the season we were housing smaller away supports in the corner of the Main Stand closest to the South Stand but at one point because apparently "it was giving away teams an advantage their supports being so close to the tunnel" we reverted to every away support in the McDermid Stand, apparently the Key-Tech Stand was the same for giving teams an advantage because of players running down the wing.

I'd forgotten about this. In any other season, that'd be in the top three most farcical things to have happened.

This year? Not in the top hundred.

2 minutes ago, liam_barnett said:

That is one of the single most ridiculous things I've ever read and I hope, for all your sakes that it is not true.

3 minutes ago, liam_barnett said:

seems very odd when money has to be the object of almost every decision next season 

55 minutes ago, Waspie said:

They could easily have got another club outside the Championship for Vaughan, a few phone calls to say he was available on loan and he would have been snapped up very quickly indeed. They might not have got as good a deal as Dumbarton provided, but at least he couldn't do them any harm. It was a ridiculous deal without any need for hindsight. 

Very good interview from the guy asking the questions. The guy answering them not so much. Condolences to the Raith supporters who have suffered because of the shambolic manner in which their club has been run. 

Spot on

1 minute ago, TheMessiah said:

That is one of the single most ridiculous things I've ever read and I hope, for all your sakes that it is not true.

Did we ever tell you the tale of our 16/17 season: where we appointed a failure of a manager, played a center forward in goal, and got relegated at the end via the playoffs after failing to win an away game since October?

I once asked Grant Murray (remember him?) 'does it give the away team an advantage if they win the toss and make us play to the South Stand in the first half?' This was because it had happened frequently that season, he replied, 'No, our players should be trying as hard whichever way we were shooting' and he quite rightly gave me a bemused look.

Just now, CALDERON said:

Derek Adams used to make his teams try and swap ends as he felt the South Stand gave us an advantage.

Was there not a point this season where Raith went months without scoring a goal at the home end of Starks? I'm sure I read something like that on here. 

We could easily house home fans and away fans in the home stand without a problem.Could give the away support a section nearest the main stand and tape a segregation section.

Alternatively with the amount of stewards on duty  at home games they could form a segregation line

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

We could easily house home fans and away fans in the home stand without a problem.Could give the away support a section nearest the main stand and tape a segregation section.

Alternatively with the amount of stewards on duty  at home games they could form a segregation line

They used to do that sort of thing years ago when we visited Firhill, in their Jackie Husband Stand we were in the section closest to the North Stand & there was a segregation line separating us from home fans but the concourse was a free-for-all so it would be easy to do, no need for anything within the concourse just segregate within the stand.

Just now, liam_barnett said:

They used to do that sort of thing years ago when we visited Firhill, in their Jackie Husband Stand we were in the section closest to the North Stand & there was a segregation line separating us from home fans but the concourse was a free-for-all so it would be easy to do, no need for anything within the concourse just segregate within the stand.

Airdrie is exactly the same.

'ye canny sit there son'

'why not?'

'there's segregation'

'not in the fucking pish house there's not'

I once asked Grant Murray (remember him?) 'does it give the away team an advantage if they win the toss and make us play to the South Stand in the first half?' This was because it had happened frequently that season, he replied, 'No, our players should be trying as hard whichever way we were shooting' and he quite rightly gave me a bemused look.

If only we didn't have the mad stadium we now have, and still had the old stadium.

If our players can't play on a wing where opposition fans are seated, that could explain our woeful away record. Poor wee souls.

42 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Highly uninspiring that it's going to be the same four entirely unqualified board members to hire the new manager. Alan Young - accountant, Eric Drysdale - banker, Mario Caira - local businessman and Val McDermid - crime writer. I have no doubt they have the club at heart, but they're not qualified in any way to judge a football manager. Realistically, what more do they know about the intricacies of football management than any other supporter in the stand? Would a chef be on the interview panel for a mortgage advisor? Or a nurse on the panel for a car salesman? We need to be looking to get someone with some kind of football background involved, specifically during the recruitment process.

By that thinking they are also unqualified to hire the right football person though?