The New Raith Rovers Thread

Davo knows the fans don't like him and it shows with him doing stupid things like that yesterday. For all that he hasn't ever been a brilliant player he has always given his all for the club.

Iv moaned about drysdale before so won't bother aiming this straight at him but there needs to be changes within the board. For a few years it looked like it was all clicking off and on the pitch for us but if we can't post a profit the past few seasons then there's something wrong there.

One good aspect of this season is the likes of Matthews coming on to a game and looking like a first team player. Court has done enough to suggest he could be a useful striker next season aswell. If we can keep the likes of Vaughan and callachan then that's a good core of our own young players. Add cuthbert and the rest that are signed up and the only thing stopping us bouncing back is another pish appointment from the board.

Thank f**k yogi is gone. Seems like he is just an arsehole. His idiotic interview after the saints game summed him up. Lots of people who aren't rovers fans applauding his honesty while the likes of cuthbert who is by all accounts a model pro lays into him yesterday.

57 minutes ago, greggyt1985 said:

I don't agree with that but while certain players get away game after games hiding in games all davo needs to do is fart in the wrong direction and he gets dogs abuse.

To be fair, if Davo farted so loud that I'd be able to determine what direction it went from the south stand I'd give him a rapturous round of applause.

Why does a young manager have to work with a 'dinosaur'?

People denounce older managers as dinosaurs, but then want them there to hold some young managers hand. If they're dinosaurs why do you want them there whispering bad habits in the young managers ear?

Personally, I'd be happy enough if McGlynn returned. Short of the 'never go back' thing, he'd probably do okay.

This picking a manager business is a bit of a lottery.

Explain? What happened here?

Exactly what ro sham bo said.

I didn't have a chance yesterday after the game to comment on anything hence my long, probably nonsensical post.

Is there any basis to us being in financial bother by going down or the whole squad being told they can leave? Again I haven't had a chance to read everything posted and have skipped bits due to the trolling from other teams fans.

Regarding Davidson my issue with him is his attitude. He's always had this "I'm better than you" opinion of himself or at least that's what I sense. From a playing point of view he's never gifted even if he does try Stevie G passes every single game. His legs have now gone and therefore he can't play at this level in midfield any more.

I've mentioned before but Craig Barr really is overrated. His performances over both legs were awful and given his injuries we need to let him go. Having said all that if he's basically been given an option to stay due to some ridiculous clause in his contract then we might be stuck with him next season.

I want to echo the comments re Hughes. The man is a moron. He clearly thought he was bigger than the job and he's another one who'll escape any media criticism as he's another media darling, just like Locke. His tactics and subs yesterday were horrendous. No disrespect to Robertson but he's not kicked a ball in over a year and Hughes chucks him on. The fact that he didn't go to the awards and then walked off the pitch without any acknowledgement to the fans sums the man up. An arrogant arsehole who I hope never works in football again. If he does god help the club who he goes to.

As someone mentioned above though this could have all been avoided by a board who knew what they were doing. To fail to post a profit over the last few years, if that's right, is shocking but not surprising given the lack of any commercial sense on the board.

Just out of curiosity i take it the person that owns the ground ( john sim i believe) isnt responsible for the upkeep of the stadium i assume theres a classic rovers clause that says its not his responsibility. Also as sad as it is people  losing their job surely the person in charge of the commercial side of things should have been let go even if we had stayed upthat side of the club has been especially bad for sometime. 

Just out of curiosity i take it the person that owns the ground ( john sim i believe) isnt responsible for the upkeep of the stadium i assume theres a classic rovers clause that says its not his responsibility. Also as sad as it is people  losing their job surely the person in charge of the commercial side of things should have been let go even if we had stayed upthat side of the club has been especially bad for sometime. 

It's common practice under this sort of 'corporate lease' for the maintenance of the property to fall on the tenant.

That said, I think we could all pool our knowledge of John Sim and it'd fill a moderately sized teacup. That doesn't necessarily make him a bad man, but it doesn't inspire confidence either. If he really is looking to increase his already substantial influence, I'd like more transparency.

There are 2 on the commercial team and a commercial directory, all of whom seem to do sweet fa. The director is not willing to ask for feedback on the hospitality experience or listen to new ideas.

It's common practice under this sort of 'corporate lease' for the maintenance of the property to fall on the tenant.

That said, I think we could all pool our knowledge of John Sim and it'd fill a moderately sized teacup. That doesn't necessarily make him a bad man, but it doesn't inspire confidence either. If he really is looking to increase his already substantial influence, I'd like more transparency.

If he is looking to invest more into the club it goes against what I thought I knew about him. I was under the impression he originally got involved because his father was a rovers fan and he didn't want to see us go out of business. The only other thing I know about him is he's supposedly based in Thailand. All my knowledge comes from online tall though so could be 100% wrong.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm not in the Championship forums very often, but I'm surprised at some the comments made earlier. Eric Drysdale stood out a mile from the various shysters, chancers and down right criminals that infest Scottish football.

I don't think anyone is doubting his motives - just his competence.