The New Raith Rovers Thread

Raiths current predicament is very similar to our relegation season a few years back. Team in disarray,  fans totally scunnered and a hopeless manager. Looking back it was an astute decision to appoint Duffy although many of us didn't agree with it. He knew the lower leagues well and has brought the team, fans and club together again. Like us your next managerial appointment is going to be massive. 

John McGlynn always had one random Spanish punter hanging about the squad. For that reason, he gets my vote.

You missed a opportunity of added comedy by not saying "Juan random Spanish punter"

I'd rather we didn't bring McGlynn back. He got us back up here and consolidated, but by the end had certainly run his course and I'm not sure coming back would be the right idea - it seldom is where managers are concerned. 

His style of play was indeed horrendous, but I think that's likely to be the case regardless of who gets appointed. 

1 minute ago, greggyt1985 said:

I'd give Gary locke another chance next season... That way he can become the first manager in history to manage a team to relegation in every league in Scotlands professional set up.

Probably worth sticking above scored more goals than Hibs on the CV

If we're assigning blame it should be in the order of Eric Drysdale, Gary Locke and then John Hughes. Two are already gone to my immense relief, is Drysdale staying now he's a councillor in Perth? Does a League One team need a full-time CEO? Will he combine both?

A real, real shame for the office staff and behind-the-scenes workers who will almost definitely lose their jobs. No matches with Dunfermline, Dundee United, Hibs, Rangers, Hearts etc to arrange. As big a crowd as we'll see next season will be, if we're lucky, 2500-3000 for an East Fife match which even with the overbearing policing won't need much more arranging than letting people show up on the day.

Is the man responsible for that really going to watch them all go while keeping his own job? I'm a million miles away from wanting witch hunts, especially from someone who I've no doubt has his heart in the right place, but it's almost entirely his fault. Would take a real brass neck to not at least acknowledge it.

No thanks to McGlynn coming back genuinely like the guy and would defo buy him a  beer for all he  did while here. 

That  said  after he had the beer in  his hand the first question would be "Right Andy McNiel  over McGurn for that run in  wtf?" 

Not read anything since last but part let me game mine and that's it.

If Eric Drysdale doesn't lease l will never be back at the Rovers.

Let me try this again ????????‍♂️

Eric Drysdale has been on the board since 1999 and has overseen the most disastrous decisions the club has ever made. 3 relegations, getting involved with the Glasgow mob, Anelka, Locke, Hughes, constantly blaming the fans for his mistakes, PR disasters and now we're talking about having to save the club and keep it going.

I will never step foot back in Starks Park until he's away. He is only there so he can get a foot into the SFA or SPFL doors and keep his blazer. The man is a joke. I recall in the mid 90s his moaning when we finished 2nd in the First Division and it wasn't good enough as Rovers were a top flight club.

As for the players I wouldn't keep any other then Callachan, Matthews, Bobby Barr, Cuthbert, Stewart, Vaughan and Benedictus. The rest I wouldn't even pay for their bus fare home. Craig Barr has to be the most overrated center back we've ever had and is totally immune from any sort of criticism. Davidson is a disgrace. He was the first player to walk down that tunnel yesterday without any acknowledgement to the fans. He's got this notion he's a top class footballer and is better than everyone else, including the fans.

I don't care what it takes we have to stay full time next season. Go part time and we will be down in that league for years to come. Sadly I don't think it'll happen as it's clear the board had absolutely nothing in place for this scenario. Not surprising as they've never had to make any important business decisions in their lives.

Genuinely can't believe this has happened and from top to bottom the club should be ashamed.

I'm sick to death of the type of manager we appoint. In Drysdale's time on the board we've had McVeigh, Hetherston, Scott, Calderon, Anelka, Dalziel, Levein, McGlynn, Murray, McKinnon, Locke and Hughes. Of that lot only Calderon and McKinnon played the game properly.

For that very reason I don't want McGlynn back. I hate with a passion his 'style' of football. That would also rule out Darren Young, already a dinosaur at the age of 38.

The one man who could genuinely do a job and change the way we play is presently on our books. Give the job to Craig Easton - he's head and shoulders above anyone else and we know exactly what we're getting.

So, the message to the board is this - for once in your lives get the appointment right and give the job to a man who actually knows how to get the best out of players, how to promote team spirit and how to play a passing game. By the look of the development squad he's also got a good eye for a player.

I've tried staying silent. And yea I know " it's him". The idea that John McGlynn might be considered fills me with dread. We need a Young manager, see what I did there. A Young, Easton and Stark management team would be awesome. Players of definitely keep and hope to sign are Cuthbert, Bene, the 2 Barrs, Vaughan, Court, Berry, Stevenson and would love us to sign Hardie. Not a chance now as we're relegated. The rest can leave

ETA Matthews too

39 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Davidson is a disgrace. He was the first player to walk down that tunnel yesterday without any acknowledgement to the fans. He's got this notion he's a top class footballer and is better than everyone else, including the fans.

Any man who has bleached highlights in his hair at that age needs to take a real look at himself. Tragic.

I'm sick to death of the type of manager we appoint. In Drysdale's time on the board we've had McVeigh, Hetherston, Scott, Calderon, Anelka, Dalziel, Levein, McGlynn, Murray, McKinnon, Locke and Hughes. Of that lot only Calderon and McKinnon played the game properly.
For that very reason I don't want McGlynn back. I hate with a passion his 'style' of football. That would also rule out Darren Young, already a dinosaur at the age of 38.
The one man who could genuinely do a job and change the way we play is presently on our books. Give the job to Craig Easton - he's head and shoulders above anyone else and we know exactly what we're getting.
So, the message to the board is this - for once in your lives get the appointment right and give the job to a man who actually knows how to get the best out of players, how to promote team spirit and how to play a passing game. By the look of the development squad he's also got a good eye for a player.

Our budgets going to be slashed easton could bring through some of his youth team with some of the more experienced players already under contract i don't want young or anyone else knowing the rovers board im waiting on s Jimmy calderwood or worse

Those were the words of his wife. My missus knows her sister.

Probably the funniest ITK post since, well, Bambino.

Mcglynn and Murray both have better records than Calderon despite not playing the game "properly"

Managers who play nice attractive football are simply not going to work at our club. We are a League 1 club with disastrous stewardship behind the scenes. Our pool to choose from will be very, very limited

Edited by CALDERON

Will we be able to get rid of Davidson  now?

He's not one of the two years contracts is he?

Yesterday I could not believe that Hughes did not sub him.

I can't remember Davidson putting  two passes together, everything he touched seemed to go to a Brechin player!1

Not only an absolute joke but has a huge Billy Big Boots attitude..

Will we be able to get rid of Davidson  now?
He's not one of the two years contracts is he?
Yesterday I could not believe that Hughes did not sub him.
 I can't remember Davidson putting  two passes together, everything he touched seemed to go to a Brechin player!1
Not only an absolute joke but has a huge Billy Big Boots attitude..

Get him to f**k. Hope he goes to East Fife. Will be great to have him playing for them against us gifting us possession.

I would take Easton as manager but he'd need an experienced assistant I'd say.... Jimmy Nic?