The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Think everyone is jumping to conclusions here, I doubt it that all players have been told to leave that is just crazy, Vaughan, Mathews, Callachan told to bolt na I'm not believing that considering they are trying to sell youth development at every opportunity,I personally think the players that are still contracted will be staying full time the others will be made up of part timers if livingston managed it on there crowds we surely can

I would say Lewis won't be there next season as a personal opinion although I know the gratitude the family have.  I would be surprised if he stays and that would ensure clarification and other stuff that convinces, like this season it doesn't hinder his progression.  

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm all for a clear out but releasing everyone? Surely even Drysdale wouldn't sanction that, right?

Cuthbert, Benedictus, Bobby Barr, Matthews, Vaughan, Callachan and Stewart. These guys are all under contract and are a very good starting point for next season.

Bobby Barrs' a troublemaking huddy p***k.  

7 minutes ago, Fifes finest said:

Horrific day had a feeling the way our season has went that the free kick was going in before it was hit. For next season id keep both Barr's benedictus callachan Matthews and vaughan.John Hughes is as much to blame as Locke his underuse of bobby Barr through personal feeling has cost us as well

The people would wanted, suggested then approved Lewis for tattooed p***k are to blame and not Yogi. 

Edited by Bambino7

Fans got restless when he played a shite pass, and gave the shhh sign.

My dad knows his dad and I had a few pints with my dad and Davidsons old man back when we played you in 2008 or whenever it was. Always looked out to see how he's getting on.

Oh well lads you'll get a smokie supper next season cheer up.

3 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I wouldn't be too sure on that one! :(

Nah, even if you have to go part time and get rid of a shit load of players, Raith will still be able to attract the top players at that level.

The people would wanted, suggested then approved Lewis for tattooed p***k are to blame and not Yogi. 
im blaming yogi for his under use of one of our best attackers and some of his decisions in general and i for one was fuming when lewis went still am

I would say Lewis won't be there next season as a personal opinion although I know the gratitude the family have.  I would be surprised if he stays and that would ensure clarification and other stuff that convinces, like this season it doesn't hinder his progression.  

It would be a real shame if that's the last we see of Vaughan. The way the last two seasons have turned out is not that we hoped for, that's for sure.

Vaughan owes the club IMO even considering the loan fiasco. Gave him a one year deal after a serious injury and him being poor at the start of the season. Granted it's football and that's not how it works.

A low five figure sum will be enough to get either Vaughan, Callachan or Matthews given our relegation, unfortunately. As for the players themselves, they'd be mad to stay if they can get a better offer. 

Time to realize , raith are not as big a club as  some fans seem to think they are . Rebuild the club and squad for a couple of seasons , stay in league 1 along with east fife  ( great derby games ) push for promotion along with us ?  could be worse , look at the position cowdenbeath are in just now . Im sure we will help you guys earn a few points in league 1 . LOL . Looking forward to the games against you lot . 

I think we need to sort the manager situation pronto. If there was any sort of organisation at board level this would be almost sorted as Hughes was always going but he ho.

Interesting that Hughes was dishing out telts before being fucked off by the board did he decide to stay?