The New Raith Rovers Thread

Still has a year left on his contract. 
No doubt some fans will be delighted about this, but he'd be a huge loss for us. 

A year left?

Going by the Drysdale calculator would mean we are entitled to some new training bibs in exchange

6 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Brechin are absolutely dreadful, one of the worst teams we've came up against this season, i'm astounded they have finished 4th, you will comfortably get past them. 

Airdrie are decent going forward but shocking at the back, they will need to put 4 consistent performances together if they are going to get close to going up, but can't see them getting past Alloa.

Alloa are a decent side, my bet would be an Alloa v Raith Rovers final and I don't think there is an awful lot between the sides but I'm going to say you'll stay up, only time will tell. 

I went along to watch Brechin v Alloa in March (1-2). If we can't beat Brechin over two legs I'd be surprised; they were pretty bad. If we manage to get to a final (v Alloa) then I think it'd be a case of which Raith team turns up as to how we do.

Development fee surely, made his debut at 16.

Signed about age 13. Talks about that in his interview at the 100 games mark.

I know he frustrates some people but I think any team in this league or the lower half of the one above would take him.

Signed about age 13. Talks about that in his interview at the 100 games mark.

I know he frustrates some people but I think any team in this league or the lower half of the one above would take him.

Over the last few years, I've had a feeling he'll get a move to the premiership or down south within the near future.

This season though was by far his worst season as a Rovers player. He's been dreadful all season but I'm going to put that down to Gary Locke's coaching. With saying that, I would be really surprised if he got a move to MK Dons this summer. I reckon he's a player that will be here next season regardless of what league we're in.

Hopefully he has a far better season as well and does eventually get that move that he has deserved over the last few years.

I had a nice chat with Lewis Vaughan at our player of the year do on Saturday night. Let him know that both the Dumbarton fans and the Rovers fans were full of sympathy for him and his situation and he seemed over the moon to hear that. A genuinely lovely guy, a great player and a true professional who will always be welcome at Dumbarton.

He's done a fantastic job for us in incredibly difficult circumstances. I just hope the all of the Rovers fans, players and staff are as understanding as the guys who post on here, which I'm sure they will be.

Godspeed young Lewis
2e1c4ff8855c0264b3d853759d59b720.jpg

21 hours ago, Paco said:

I had a quick look at it there, and Matthews played 24 league matches this season. Overall record is won 9, drew 8, lost 7. Given the season we've had that's a genuinely astonishing record. One win without him (Dumbarton at home, 3-2). And get this - TEN defeats without him, from 12 matches where he hasn't appeared.

Thanks for doing the numbers it has seemed to me like he  has been on the park a lot when we took points.  

The other thing I think is Callachan  looks a  lot better with him on the park, between them they get that balance right.  

Had hoped we would see a team with Matthews, Callachan and Vaughan playing regularly in  it  this season . Like to think we wouldn't be going to a play off if we had. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I had a nice chat with Lewis Vaughan at our player of the year do on Saturday night. Let him know that both the Dumbarton fans and the Rovers fans were full of sympathy for him and his situation and he seemed over the moon to hear that. A genuinely lovely guy, a great player and a true professional who will always be welcome at Dumbarton.

He's done a fantastic job for us in incredibly difficult circumstances. I just hope the all of the Rovers fans, players and staff are as understanding as the guys who post on here, which I'm sure they will be.

Godspeed young Lewis
2e1c4ff8855c0264b3d853759d59b720.jpg

Don't think there's any Rovers fans who'd give Lewis abuse. He's always put in maximum effort for us and the blame of ridiculous situation of his loan lies squarely at the feet of Locke and our Chief Executive 

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Get him to do the 50/50 draw on Saturday and we can show him he is wanted by the support

Good idea maybe sneak him on for the last ten mins. That is about the only cock-up missing this season fielding an illegal player.

You all said it at the time but Vaughan going to Dumbarton may have literally cost you survival in the Championship. Not only would be have helped your own cause, it would have taken something away from a direct rival. Considering you ended up behind them only on goal difference, that must be a very hard pill to swallow.

Gary Locke, man.

31 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You all said it at the time but Vaughan going to Dumbarton may have literally cost you survival in the Championship. Not only would be have helped your own cause, it would have taken something away from a direct rival. Considering you ended up behind them only on goal difference, that must be a very hard pill to swallow.

Gary Locke, man.

Only one of many strange decisions in this total clusterfuck of a season.