The New Raith Rovers Thread

The state of that back page :lol: Honestly don't know which part is worst of all:

• The terribly photoshopped, giant John Hughes head
  • The idea that Rovers beating a terrible Ayr United side at home would be a 'Great Escape'
  • The lack of anyone taking any credit for the image, a sure sign of shame in the media industry

The wee team have been sheer entertainment this season. Players, managers, fans, directors and now even the local paper joining in on the fun.

It is all still in your own hands.

Not sure you understand the meaning of the phrase. We could win 100-0 and go into the play-offs.

I think we'll win but St Mirren will draw, meaning what ultimately has us in the play-off is throwing away that goal at Hibs last week.

If we lose to Ayr though it's hard to see how we'll suddenly get ourselves up for the play-offs. I'm looking at it as a chance to build momentum of any kind and if Hibs do us a favour, then great.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

It's not really though, is it?

Not really but I trying to be positive for you guys. I really can't see St Mirren getting anything from Hibs though - not on flag day.

On 2016-8-21 at 10:24, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Thoughts on Locke so far?

In my experience he's a very likeable person and I'm enjoying the football he has us playing. I was a tad perplexed when we took him on but I'm really warming to him.

On 2016-8-22 at 14:05, CALDERON said:

Skacel signing is proving to be quite a shrewd move...really settles things down when he comes on. 

On 2016-8-22 at 22:07, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Having been thoroughly upset with the appointment initially, I was really hoping I was wrong. I gleefully hold my hands up and say that I appear to be well wrong. Its early days and no chickens are being counted but Gaz and Daz have already shown they are not the disaster that many fans of all teams were predicting. The football we have played has been pretty good at times and I think most impressive have been the squad additions. McManus, M'Voto, Thomson, Scacel and McHattie in particular all look very good signings.

assuming Hibs and United occupy the top 2 spots, I think that queens, ourselves and falkirk, despite the poor start will be battling for the other two spots.

On 2016-8-23 at 15:56, pub car king said:

Things are pretty rosie down pratt street at the minute I was also astonished when Locke was appointed but so far so good and he's shut a lot of people up. Jury is still out though as the true tests come when he needs to make important changes and we go non our annual shite run post halloween but impressive so far.

The club seem to have upped their game from a pr point as well. Not just cutting admission which is a bold move and welcomed by fans of all teams in the league but they have omcreased the profile on social media loads of tweets and wee videos all help as well as inviting fans to a kit launch cashing in there and then by showing folk the kit them promptly relieving them of a fair few quid at the same time.

On 2016-8-7 at 04:43, Raith_Rasta said:

On only highlights evidence against Alloa and Ayr, since I've not been at the games. Dec's passing, movement , speed seems to be everywhere on the pitch. He is going to be important as f**k for the Rovers this season emoji111.png

Things seemed so much better in August, didn't they?

Pars fans trying everything and anything to get a bite. :lol:

I'll be going on Saturday and I know a few mates have changed their minds now that it's only a fiver. Hopefully a decent crowd will turn up now. I think we'll win but I don't see St Mirren losing at Easter Road so we'll just need to hammer Ayr and hope Dumbarton lose! 

1 hour ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

Pars fans trying everything and anything to get a bite. :lol:

I'll be going on Saturday and I know a few mates have changed their minds now that it's only a fiver. Hopefully a decent crowd will turn up now. I think we'll win but I don't see St Mirren losing at Easter Road so we'll just need to hammer Ayr and hope Dumbarton lose! 

I admire your optimism but no way we are going to make up the 9 goal difference on Dumbarton even if they lose.

Our only hope rests on a Hibs win at ER and us doing our part. If we can't even manage a win on Saturday then frankly we deserve all we get.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Things seemed so much better in August, didn't they?

f**k me, I take it you have had those quotes saved for last eight months in the hope you could smugly repost them at the end of the season? Obsessed with the Rovers a bit maybe?

31 minutes ago, Paco said:

Was anyone aware our esteemed Chief Executive is standing to become a councillor in Perth today?

Poor Perth! https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/406296/council-election-2017-perth-city-centre-ward-12/

"If elected, I would use my problem solving skills and many years of negotiating experience to support and assist constituents and community groups."