The New Raith Rovers Thread

Johnston looks like a player but fills every cliché you can imagine. Couldn't cross the road, pass wind/water etc, blow over in a light breeze. But I haven't managed to hate him yet.
Davo on the other hand done a nice job filling in for Thomson this year, probably better than Thomson was himself. Utterly miserable to watch in midfield these days though.
My scapegoat is Jordan Thompson another rangers wannabe who ruins every good thing he does with utter stupidity in his next move and still gets a regular start. Surely a man short would have better than him today

To be fair I don't feel anything much towards Johnston. He's just not that good. It's a shame for him and us. We haven't recruited well.

10 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Who is running this club!

Appoint proven failure Gary Locke
Give him a TWO year deal
Gift Bates to Rangers
Watch him make their first team within months
Give Vaughan to Dumbarton
Watch him give them goals
Watch Vaughan score the goal that pretty much consigns us to the playoffs.

Got to be some of the worst decisions ever made at our club, I don't care how hard the board work or how big Rover fans they are this season has been a disgrace and some of them should stand aside.

Spot on. 

We deserve this. A season of inexplicable decisions after another have lead to a humiliating season up there with the infamous Anelka debacle.

Last year's play-off run feels like a lifetime ago. 

I know we were short in midfield but that line up was atrocious today. So was not making any changes at half time.

Hughes had his work cut out taking over from Locke but nobody can surely argue he's done anything other than fail miserably. A few good results at home but a hideous defeat against Dumbarton and then today, probably our worst performance​ in at least 10 years.

I would be quite happy if the club agreed to part ways with him before the play offs.

On 27/08/2016 at 17:34, Wullie McNaught said:

Not wee, just better.

On 22/08/2016 at 18:32, steely59 said:

How can you not see that we are a far better team than you. 

On 21/08/2016 at 00:23, Wullie McNaught said:

Hibs are still here and they ARE a big club. The only way you're leaving this league is through the trapdoor sunshine.

On 20/08/2016 at 22:47, L. Brilliant said:

Pars fans think more strikers is the answer? Look at St Mirren! You have a League One team. Sit doon.

Lol

On 21/08/2016 at 00:10, Wullie McNaught said:

Of course we have a better team and squad, we've been at this level for what seems like forever and it's been built up slowly over the years. The standard has risen at this level since you've been down and you've been left behind a bit. It'll take you three or four years to find your feet again. Unless you chuck money that isn't yours at it again that is.

On 20/08/2016 at 17:47, Toddy said:

Humbled by Gary Lockes wee team eh!!!

Raith Rovers...Not bigger, Just better 

On 20/08/2016 at 18:02, Rovers_Lad said:

Dunfermline :lol: :lol:

On 20/08/2016 at 17:26, Paco said:

Surprised by how easy that was in the end, it's easy to forget that Dunfermline are newly promoted fodder.

Thought I'd cheer the Rovers fans up and remind them of happier times. You're welcome.

John Hughes suggests modern society is to blame for the 5-0 loss today, based on the interview I've just seen. I'm surmising it's for the St Mirren website.

He's won three games in 12 in charge of Rovers, he maybe needs to start looking at more specific reasons for our failure.

27 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

John Hughes suggests modern society is to blame for the 5-0 loss today, based on the interview I've just seen. I'm surmising it's for the St Mirren website.

Obviously this is the only thing to blame. As you can see St Mirren's disastrous start to this season has left the emotionally lightweight modern day players unable to function at all and they'll never get it together in time to get off the bottom of the table never mind score 5 goals in a single game....................oh

I don't blame Hughes at all for where we are he seems honest in his after match interview. Its Gary lockes team that should never of been allowed near our club.

Also the club should cancel the player of the year awards this year !