The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Did you get to see the handball by Thompson to give the free kick away? He seemed to be gesturing that he was pushed and that's what caused him to handle it, but I'm not so sure. Looked like he just had a brain fart and punched the ball.

It certainly looked like he had been pushed as he jamp, you see it all the time with players being pushed in the air, they fall a certain way, arms everywhere with no idea and intention to handball it. But its the standard of refereeing you come to expect in this country. 

54 minutes ago, renton said:

Im fairly sanguine about the whole thing. Tonight was largely a free hit and we got nothing from it, but still, it was always going to come down to getting something at St Mirren.

4 goals in two games though, at least we have some faint hope to cling to.

I was the same, thought tonight didn't matter, but a point would have been great, 3 would have been awesome. It all comes down to saturday. Play like we did 1st half against st mirren and we end up in playoffs, play like we did in the 2nd half and we might be ok. They obviously targeted the wings as their best form of attack which lead to the 1st goal. We decided to go long and they couldnt cope with that at all. We were doing well until mvoto, who had done well in the air all night, messed up for their 2nd. Done well to get another equaliser, Positives are we can play like the 2nd half performance showed, when the players scored it finally looked like it meant something to them, and Hughes had the sense to sub mark stewart. Roll on saturday where my nerves will be shredded, and my fingernails will get bitten off.

I don't regard tonight as a free hit at all.

We were playing against Hibs reserves, and a win would have meant Ayr couldn't overtake us barring some kind of bizarre improbability, while a draw would have left them needing a win to keep touch with us going into the last day.

Any kind of decent result would have seen us applauding the players off, with a modicum of confidence going into Saturday's fixture.

Instead, we've lost in ridiculous circumstances, with the players pointing, moaning and arguing, whilst the fans filtered away with nary a grumble.

The ultimate result of tonight's match may not have been the be all and end all, but how it lead us into Saturday's game was important, and from where I was, it didn't look good at all.

Of course, a win on Saturday and that's us safe, but this free hit theory is a nonsense.

Will there be a large following in Paisley on Saturday then? 

What do you class as a large following?

We only get 1200 home fans, we haven't won away from home since October and we've taken 1 point from the last 10 away games. I can't see there being a problem getting a seat.

Out of curiosity if we are in the playoffs, will Season ticket holders get into the game with their season ticket? Or will they have to pay to get in? Because I can see that driving our attendance way down after the dross that's been served up this season

40 minutes ago, batross07 said:

Out of curiosity if we are in the playoffs, will Season ticket holders get into the game with their season ticket? Or will they have to pay to get in? Because I can see that driving our attendance way down after the dross that's been served up this season

Caveat emptor.

We are now very pleased to be able to offer a Premium ticket that allows access to all home matches (excluding any home Scottish Cup Quarter Final tie or Play Off tie) as well as a Standard ticket which allows entry to league matches only.

http://www.raithrovers.net/24503/all-aboard-the-rovers-rollercoaster-season-tickets-go-on-sale.htm

Caveat emptor.
We are now very pleased to be able to offer a Premium ticket that allows access to all home matches (excluding any home Scottish Cup Quarter Final tie or Play Off tie) as well as a Standard ticket which allows entry to league matches only.
http://www.raithrovers.net/24503/all-aboard-the-rovers-rollercoaster-season-tickets-go-on-sale.htm

Yeah I didn't think they did cover play off games. I struggle to think that they'll get anywhere near the normal home crowd for the relegation playoffs. Especially with the season we have all endured

3 minutes ago, batross07 said:

Yeah I didn't think they did cover play off games. I struggle to think that they'll get anywhere near the normal home crowd for the relegation playoffs. Especially with the season we have all endured

They aren't allowed to cover Premiership Playoff games by rule. I suppose there's nothing stopping them being allowed for the lower division playoffs right enough.

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Ah come on, get in their faces and if they get an early red or something daft, it could happen. Given our recent trip to the seaside League I'd prefer to see Saints there than Rovers.

Trip? You were there for three years. That's more like setting up home!