The New Raith Rovers Thread

I understand why folk are pissed off at the goals we concede from free kicks but the 'keeper is always going to gamble on his wall having an impact or the taker not being very accurate.

Personally, I think we've been unlucky.

The likes of Cuthbert and McGurn wouldn't blindly follow the goalkeeping coach if they didn't think something was quite right.

Saw you'd won the Development League - how is James Berry coming along? I see there was mention above that Berry might be one who could make the move to the first team daily soon, I take it it's the same guy?

Good luck on Saturday btw. Was hoping you'd get something tonight but try and send those black and white pretenders down, would you?

There continually seem to set the wall at least one player shy of the post. I remember hearing from Peter Czech on tv that they are coached to stand to the post and have 2 players in the wall to the side of the post. I cannot clearly see this from the stand behind the goals.

4 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

There continually seem to set the wall at least one player shy of the post. I remember hearing from Peter Czech on tv that they are coached to stand to the post and have 2 players in the wall to the side of the post. I cannot clearly see this from the stand behind the goals.

You've nailed it pal. The goalie needs to come and sit in your seat in the stand when setting up his wall...

As much as I've only seen it once, and from the opposite end of the park, I'd pin the blame on that goal on Jordan Thompson tonight, rather than the 'keeper.

I've been fairly sanguine about our innumerable defeats this season, but that felt different tonight.

Maybe it was just because I was half pissed and delighted to be celebrating a couple of goals, but that felt more despairing than any other loss we've had.

To end on a positive though, Jonny Court is some boy.

2 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

As much as I've only seen it once, and from the opposite end of the park, I'd pin the blame on that goal on Jordan Thompson tonight, rather than the 'keeper.

I've been fairly sanguine about our innumerable defeats this season, but that felt different tonight.

Maybe it was just because I was half pissed and delighted to be celebrating a couple of goals, but that felt more despairing than any other loss we've had.

To end on a positive though, Jonny Court is some boy.

Im fairly sanguine about the whole thing. Tonight was largely a free hit and we got nothing from it, but still, it was always going to come down to getting something at St Mirren.

4 goals in two games though, at least we have some faint hope to cling to.

Im fairly sanguine about the whole thing. Tonight was largely a free hit and we got nothing from it, but still, it was always going to come down to getting something at St Mirren.
4 goals in two games though, at least we have some faint hope to cling to.

Absolutely, but the vacuous emptiness of pointlessness has draped over the vast majority of our away games this season.

This one actually gave us hope for the vast duration of the second period. The b*****ds.

Just seen the goals again on sky sports news. The keeper was in the right position for the free kick just looked like it went right through him. Think he should of done better but made a few good saves in the first half.

Just seen the goals again on sky sports news. The keeper was in the right position for the free kick just looked like it went right through him. Think he should of done better but made a few good saves in the first half.

Did you get to see the handball by Thompson to give the free kick away? He seemed to be gesturing that he was pushed and that's what caused him to handle it, but I'm not so sure. Looked like he just had a brain fart and punched the ball.