The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's a complete gamble on the ST offer, as if we go down then you're looking at £290 for something where the value is vastly over inflated for the level of football. The problem with football is that there's no guarantees of what will happen in the space of the next few months.

The board are probably basing that gamble on a notion they have that if we go down we'll scoosh league 1. Which of course we won't.

Not sure how accurate this is but I was told a few seasons ago that all the players bonuses get paid at the end of the season. So the club use the early bird tickets to cover win bonuses etc, luckily they won't have too many to pay out this season

Yesterday wasn't the best day for us, but it wasn't a disaster either. Unless I've picked this up wrong, I believe the following is true:

A draw in the final match against Ayr United will prevent us finishing 10th, regardless of all other results (barring a 12 goal GD swing, at least).

Four points from the two matches against Ayr and St Mirren would keep us up altogether, regardless of all other results.

Still deep in trouble but it's nice to have it in our own hands at least. What is absolutely imperative is that we don't lose at St Mirren next Saturday. Hard to see a way out of that, unless we've already picked up something at ER. St Mirren play away to Hibs on the final day, I think given their form we need to assume they'll win that.

Been a long, long time since we were in a relegation battle like this.

I would agree that if we beat St Mirren we are safe regardless of what happens elsewhere and whatever happens on Wednesday or against Ayr, no easy task but not impossible either. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think if we beat St Mirren next weekend we are safe. We will be 4 points ahead of them and a minimum 3 ahead of Ayr (assuming we don't lose heavily to Hibs and Ayr goal difference will see us safe).

Yeah, good shout. Win in Paisley and we're safe. All we need to do is get out first away win since October.... easy, right?

6 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Where does a draw against st mitten leave us 

In a good position, but depends on the result at Easter Road on Wednesday.

Lose to Hibs (most likely if we're honest) - one point ahead of St Mirren going into final day, us v Ayr and St Mirren away to Hibs. Match their result and we're safe.

Draw with Hibs - same scenario really. Need to match St Mirren's result.

Beat Hibs - safe with a point in Paisley.

Edited by Paco

Would it be tempting to play a weakened team on Wednesday to have a stronger, fitter team for Saturday or play all out for a result on Wednesday, knowing that if you lose, the players will be feeling it physically on Saturday?

13 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

Would it be tempting to play a weakened team on Wednesday to have a stronger, fitter team for Saturday or play all out for a result on Wednesday, knowing that if you lose, the players will be feeling it physically on Saturday?

We generally can't field a weakened team because we've got so many injuries and suspensions. Defensively we're fine, but in midfield and attack we might well be struggling given we've got Handling out (can't play against his parent club), Skacel (Suspended), Callachan (injured) and Robertson (injured all season). Other than that, the remainder of the players are too inexperienced (Court, Osei, Stevenson from our youth team) or not good enough (Scott Roberts).

Wednesdays game is far bigger for us than Saturday as it stands. It's one where Hibs shouldn't be giving a flying f**k about the result. The only concern is if they play some of their potential youth talents who want to make an impact. Aside from that it'd be sheer professionalism. 

I'd rather we came out of Wednesday with something from the game that we can build on. Saturday is going to be an utter pressure cooker of a game. If we can go into it just needing a draw, rather than a win that would be superb. But focus should be 100% on the Hibs game. 

Is there a finance option for next seasons season tickets? It's the only reason I was able to get one for this season and haven't seen any hint of it?

It was mentioned on the post last week about season tickets that, that option will be available again. More will be released this week on that option though.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Is there a finance option for next seasons season tickets? It's the only reason I was able to get one for this season and haven't seen any hint of it?

In addition, we will be continuing to offer the opportunity for you to pay for your season books in monthly instalments with finance packages arranged in partnership with Zebra Finance. More on this option next week.

http://www.raithrovers.net/29563/201718-season-tickets-on-sale-also-hibs-match.htm

14 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

At least the under 20s have won their league. We should really be winning it every season but we don't think we ever actually have until now so well done to them.

We're only the third team to win it since it started.

14/15 Forfar Athletic

15/16 Stirling Albion

16/17 Raith Rovers

A great match and winning 8 games on the trot to the title.