The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Excuse my ignorance but how does the development league work? From what I see online reliable source of Wikipedia there is no promotion from east and west to main development league, is this the case if so why no promotion or relegation?

15 hours ago, foreverarover said:

As I've stated many times before Mickey Mouse set up. I can't see how it can't mirror the top league with promotion and relegation. It is now expected that clubs have an u20 team so no reason for not doing this. Games are cancelled at short notice, teams are several matches behind. Farcical.

There's no promotion and relegation because it's based on perceived standards of youth setups. The main Development League is for the Premiership clubs who are obliged to run u20's setups and for invited "guests" who have youth systems rated highly enough which is why the likes of Falkirk, Dunfermline, St Mirren, Dundee United & Hibs are still in it (and Rangers and Hearts remained in it whilst out of the Premiership too).

Every other side who want to run an u20 setup have to make do with the reduced level regionalised setup. I imagine part of the concern with having promotion / relegation would be the prospect of those clubs involved dropping out of running 20's teams at relatively short notice or indeed ending up with 20's sides playing at a much higher level than their senior sides. I would have thought the full time sides involved (presuming they have full time 20's) should at least be eligible for promotion. A lot of the main Development League games are played on weekday afternoons so it probably wouldn't suit part time clubs. However, the likes of QoS, Morton and potentially Airdrie, and Raith Rovers and Livingston should have the prospect of stepping up.

To be clear it isn't expected or compulsory that non Premiership clubs have an u20 team. Clearly many of them do not. Games are not generally cancelled at short notice. Indeed the SPFL get quite obstructive to attempts to call games off for inconvenience reasons rather than genuine pitch issues. However, it is acknowledged, particularly with the part time sides, that it's generally not reasonable to expect them to play a midweek Development game if they also have a midweek senior game as many of the players are involved with both teams. That's why fixtures get out of sync generally.

For those that can't get the paper edition below is part of the online article.

Capture.PNG.a7c661f4c0a7b3e4e2c372c8bf750230.PNG

That's all we need to cap off this wonderful season, to be docked points for fielding an ineligible player!!

Kudos to the BOD if they manage to top of the last few disasters, where I didn't think possible!

42 minutes ago, donny86 said:

Aye it's only a tenner but it's the principle I am annoyed about.

They promised discount to those who got bumped last year after gate prices dropped, and we are not seeing that. I made about 12 games off my season ticket and would have been better off PATG. As is stands, I wont be renewing until there is someone competent in charge at the top, unless I win the 'draw'

The reasoning is fair enough but it would've been better if the club had addressed the matter of the discount (and also the prize draw) directly in the news article on the website rather than sweep it under the carpet and hope nobody noticed.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The reasoning is fair enough but it would've been better if the club had addressed the matter of the discount (and also the prize draw) directly in the news article on the website rather than sweep it under the carpet and hope nobody noticed.

I assume I missed this somewhere, have the club actually come out and said they won't now honour the discount?

1 hour ago, donny86 said:

Aye it's only a tenner but it's the principle I am annoyed about.

They promised discount to those who got bumped last year after gate prices dropped, and we are not seeing that. I made about 12 games off my season ticket and would have been better off PATG. As is stands, I wont be renewing until there is someone competent in charge at the top, unless I win the 'draw'

I agree,no free draw either

1 hour ago, donny86 said:

45 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Exactly this

41 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

I assume I missed this somewhere, have the club actually come out and said they won't now honour the discount?

No they haven,t.I was down at the club today and asked hence my previous post

11 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I agree,no free draw either

Exactly this

No they haven,t.I was down at the club today and asked hence my previous post

I was actually told it would apply if I bought the ticket at £295

44 minutes ago, donny86 said:

I was actually told it would apply if I bought the ticket at £295

By whom and when?Via the statement the club made ages ago?

I,m going on what I was told today by office staff who were selling the super early bird ticket

25 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Well she told me the opposite.If you get a £10 discount and a draw ticket let me know

f**k me wouldn,t it be a damn site easier if the Board actually conversed with their supporters apart from when they only want our money

But if you get a draw ticket too, I will have a smaller chance of winning?

She didn't actually mention the draw just didn't have a clue when first asked about the discount then came back and said it would only apply only to full price tickets

She knew fine well regards the discount when I spoke to her so I,m guessing she,s been told since that it doesn,t apply 

I said before if only the club would converse with their supporters and their staff for that matter we would all know where we stood

:lol: Fucking Rovers. Honestly. This season has pretty much been 101 ways to not run a football club and to alienate the fans. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the club aren't honouring it. It's a complete gamble on the ST offer, as if we go down then you're looking at £290 for something where the value is vastly over inflated for the level of football. The problem with football is that there's no guarantees of what will happen in the space of the next few months.  

Last season we had our most successful season at this level since the late 90s, and we saw a record number of people buying season tickets, only for the club to make a shit appointment of a manager.