The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I recall seeing some kind of strategy document noting that we want to have crowds of 2500-3000. Getting the next generation interested will keep the core support, but we'll probably need success on the park to see a rise in support.

A strategy document? I thought we were just winging it with no strategy? 

The condratictory nature of our boards actions / decisions has been my biggest frustration. Good off-field initiatives have been brought in - securing use of Michael Woods Centre and establishing the Community Foundation, Roary Club and the Development Squad (there are probably others, but these are the ones that spring to mind). All of these positives though are easily overlooked on the back of some far reaching poor choices made this season. In some cases, the good work of some of these projects is effectively being undone by this season's catalogue of errors.

Why is this? Would it be fair to suggest that certain board members take responsibility for different projects / areas of the running of the club? Or does everyone have a say in everything? 

58 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

I'm not the Board. Why don't you ask them. There is a fans rep on there after all. Ask him if you're genuinely interested or subscribe to the Rovers weekly email. That tells you loads about what's going on around the club off the field. And if you still think it's pish then at least you can criticise from a slightly more informed point of view. 

The fans Rep. Can't get the microphone out his hand, he is the least approachable rep the fans have had, never seen under the south stand before the games as others in the past always were.

How does one ask him anything, to his face ? 

13 hours ago, Wardy said:

Haha can't wait to get to the hedge next season. 

Or the playoffs this year if we're lucky enough not to finish bottom. Then Dougie Hill can score the winner for them.

42 minutes ago, Ancient Mariner said:

The fans Rep. Can't get the microphone out his hand, he is the least approachable rep the fans have had, never seen under the south stand before the games as others in the past always were.

How does one ask him anything, to his face ? 

Win the 50-50.

A strategy document? I thought we were just winging it with no strategy? 

It was more a wish list than a strategy document but it did exist.

We are essentially just winging it.

Here it is!

http://www.raithrovers.net/21403/club-strategy-document-published.htm

Such an important 'document' that you have to Google it to find it, rather than it having it's own link on the official website. I'd have thought it should be next to the Concordat under the Club dropdown menu.

I'm not the Board. Why don't you ask them. There is a fans rep on there after all. Ask him if you're genuinely interested or subscribe to the Rovers weekly email. That tells you loads about what's going on around the club off the field. And if you still think it's pish then at least you can criticise from a slightly more informed point of view. 

Cause you seem to be in the know and you responded.

I do get the weekly e-mail. I don't read it though, that would be too easy.

2 hours ago, Nairney said:

The condratictory nature of our boards actions / decisions has been my biggest frustration. Good off-field initiatives have been brought in - securing use of Michael Woods Centre and establishing the Community Foundation, Roary Club and the Development Squad (there are probably others, but these are the ones that spring to mind). All of these positives though are easily overlooked on the back of some far reaching poor choices made this season. In some cases, the good work of some of these projects is effectively being undone by this season's catalogue of errors

This is perfect. 

Regardless of what league we are in next season the Board need to eat some humble pie and show a bit of humility after this car crash of a season. 

27 minutes ago, Martin Nelson said:

I see our audited accounts to 30 June 2016 have just been submitted to Companies House. Looks like a loss of approx £49k.

Disappointing bottom line for a season you finished 4th, had a home playoff with Hibs, a Scottish Cup tie with Hibs and a League Cup tie at Celtic, albeit a midweek one without a massive attendance.

54 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Disappointing bottom line for a season you finished 4th, had a home playoff with Hibs, a Scottish Cup tie with Hibs and a League Cup tie at Celtic, albeit a midweek one without a massive attendance.

I would guess the compensation for Ray McKinnon should also be included in those results.

Not great at all.