The New Raith Rovers Thread

21 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Looking at the form guide that strategy was never going to work. So, can we cling onto 9th or will we end up straight down in 10th?

Don't fancy the chances of us fighting our way out of the play-offs.

We'll cling to f**k all.

looks like my prediction of weeks ago is rubbish

won't even go to the last game of the season, it will mean zilch as we will be rock bottom and out

thank you Mr Locke & Mr Jackson, a pair of right fuds

thank you the board and thank you most of the squad

will we beat the Ton on Saturday ? RRFC couldn't beat an egg

2 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

It's almost as if hiring a manager who listed his primary school on his CV has come back to haunt us.

"Would've finished above Hibs if they'd had less points"

Edited by renton

It's going to happen...and then the players and directors will head to the POTY awards night straight after the Ayr match to celebrate and remember a fantastic season

Let's hope that Gary Locke's​ contribution is recognised.

We couldn't have done this without him.

On 10/04/2017 at 16:08, Scary Bear said:

What initiatives for kids, other than chucking balls at Roary?

The fact that you ask this question is pretty much proof that you are clueless about what is actually going on at the club. The Roary Club has been mentioned on here and has been all over the club website the last couple of years. Over 500 kids signed up in the local community all with a connection to Raith Rovers that wasn't there before. The club communicating with them all regularly, Loyalty cards to encourage them to come to games, competitions, Halloween parties, tours of the ground in the school holidays, player signing sessions, Rovers collector cards and successful Family Days when they take over the North Stand. As well as the half time competition. All these things have been promoted regularly on the club website and discussed on here. 

The fact that all this has seemingly passed you by and you think the only thing that goes on is kids throwing a ball at Roary gives us an insight into your knowledge of the club. We can all see the shit performance on the field. The appointment of Locke was catastrophic and deserves to be slated. But forgive me if I take with a pinch of salt your criticisms of the Board off the field as you've clearly not got a clue about what the club are or aren't doing.

There's been a few grumbles on here recently about some things which I don't think marry up with reality.

The comment about kids initiatives was one, the lack of news on the Development Squad was another, as was the comment on the Community Officer, which I'm presuming was a reference to the Raith Rovers Community Fund.

I don't go out of my way to find out information on any of those topics, but I still know there's a fair bit happening when it comes to all three, especially the RRCF which seems to have organised events virtually every week.

The fact that you ask this question is pretty much proof that you are clueless about what is actually going on at the club. The Roary Club has been mentioned on here and has been all over the club website the last couple of years. Over 500 kids signed up in the local community all with a connection to Raith Rovers that wasn't there before. The club communicating with them all regularly, Loyalty cards to encourage them to come to games, competitions, Halloween parties, tours of the ground in the school holidays, player signing sessions, Rovers collector cards and successful Family Days when they take over the North Stand. As well as the half time competition. All these things have been promoted regularly on the club website and discussed on here.  The fact that all this has seemingly passed you by and you think the only thing that goes on is kids throwing a ball at Roary gives us an insight into your knowledge of the club. We can all see the shit performance on the field. The appointment of Locke was catastrophic and deserves to be slated. But forgive me if I take with a pinch of salt your criticisms of the Board off the field as you've clearly not got a clue about what the club are or aren't doing.

Good to hear. Hopefully some of them become future fans.

Want to answer any of the other questions regarding transfer of players from the Development team to the first team or ambitions for the club and how we are going to meet those ambitions?

I recall seeing some kind of strategy document noting that we want to have crowds of 2500-3000. Getting the next generation interested will keep the core support, but we'll probably need success on the park to see a rise in support.

We were good last year, but we finished 4th and got pumped out the play-offs at the first time of asking. Still night and day compared to this season. So, what are the ambitions of the club? What is the vision? 
To me it is totally 'just existing'. There's no plan that I can get behind.
Who is the new community officer? What does he do?
How many players from the Development Squad do we plan to have in the first team in 5 years time?
What initiatives for kids, other than chucking balls at Roary? To be fair here, I do see things about keepie up contests in the town square and kick abouts outside the South Stand, and while these kind of initiatives are all good, I want to know strategy for the future in terms of where we get our players and whether we plan to ever try and get promoted to the Premiership or we just want to yo-yo between the Seaside League and Championship.
At the current time, talk of the Premiership seems mental given we look to be heading in the opposite direction, but i'd still like to think we had a plan rather than just existing.

Here you go.

The problem is that most of the development squad are only 17 or 18, indeed James Collins is only 16. The oldest guys are Yaw Osei and Andreas Thorsen who are 19 and Jonny Court at 21. The irony is that Court is now probably too old.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Here you go.

I'm not the Board. Why don't you ask them. There is a fans rep on there after all. Ask him if you're genuinely interested or subscribe to the Rovers weekly email. That tells you loads about what's going on around the club off the field. And if you still think it's pish then at least you can criticise from a slightly more informed point of view.