The New Raith Rovers Thread

To be fair I would like to think any of our senior players would leave the u20s to it in that situation.

I know. Just thought it was funny to see that he was probably the only player not in the photo, despite the fact, Yogi doesn't favour him at all for the first team, so that could be his level until Yogi's away..

5 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

The development league really is a joke. On our website there is little to no coverage. The full fixtures can't be found on the spfl website.

http://www.raithrovers.net/development-league

http://spfl.co.uk/development-league/east-fixtures/

http://spfl.co.uk/development-league/east-results/

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:

The development league really is a joke. On our website there is little to no coverage. 

Especially for you. 

v Berwick Rangers    v Cowdenbeath    v Stirling Albion    v Alloa Athletic    v Forfar Athletic    v Cowdenbeath    v Forfar Athletic   v Stirling Albion    v Livingston           v Alloa Athletic   v Newtongrange Star    v Berwick Rangers    v Cowdenbeath    v Stirling Albion    v Alloa Athletic    v Forfar Athletic

However, foreverarover has a point. The Development squad should have its own page for all fixtures and match reports, just like the first team. If the board are serious about youth development their progress must be easy to find, which it's not at the moment.

Edited by Beachbum

If the board are serious about youth development they will stop giving our best youth players to rangers on a free and Dumbarton on loan...

They didn't say which team's youth development they are serious about. In the last 10 years or so it's been Dundee Utd, Hearts and Rangers.

I'm still not really sure why we changed our youth system. The system mcglynn implemented seems to have produced the likes of callachan, Vaughan, Matthews, bates and Sean mackie who we sold to hibs. To my mind that's the most successful batch of youngsters we've had in a long time.

3 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Especially for you. 

v Berwick Rangers    v Cowdenbeath    v Stirling Albion    v Alloa Athletic    v Forfar Athletic    v Cowdenbeath    v Forfar Athletic   v Stirling Albion    v Livingston           v Alloa Athletic   v Newtongrange Star    v Berwick Rangers    v Cowdenbeath    v Stirling Albion    v Alloa Athletic    v Forfar Athletic

However, foreverarover has a point. The Development squad should have its own page for all fixtures and match reports, just like the first team. If the board are serious about youth development their progress must be easy to find, which it's not at the moment.

Another one for your collection.

http://www.raithrovers.net/29371/dev-league-berwick-rangers-0-2-raith-rovers.htm

16 hours ago, grumswall said:

I'm still not really sure why we changed our youth system. The system mcglynn implemented seems to have produced the likes of callachan, Vaughan, Matthews, bates and Sean mackie who we sold to hibs. To my mind that's the most successful batch of youngsters we've had in a long time.

I think the new set up was forced upon them by the new SFA youth performance directive and Mr Wott's new System of Excellence.  In the new system we've done away with half the number of kids we used to have to concentrate on the remainder under the guidance of Stephen Wright along with a mixture of Elite youngsters from all four Fife clubs.

This supposedly means that instead of a dozen average guys and one gem coming through the ranks of 4 clubs with large squads, we will supposedly now have a dozen gems being produced which will then be offered contracts by all the Fife clubs when they hit 16 yrs. However if they decide that they don't want to sign for East Fife but want to go to the P**s or Raith they can, or if they so wish they can decline all offers and bugger off to Hibs/Hearts or anywhere really. So basically anyone who's any good will decide to go to the best place/offer he can, quite whats in it for Raith let alone East Fife or Cowden I struggle to see.

Personally I don't buy into any of it.

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

I think the new set up was forced upon them by the new SFA youth performance directive and Mr Wott's new System of Excellence.  In the new system we've done away with half the number of kids we used to have to concentrate on the remainder under the guidance of Stephen Wright along with a mixture of Elite youngsters from all four Fife clubs.

This supposedly means that instead of a dozen average guys and one gem coming through the ranks of 4 clubs with large squads, we will supposedly now have a dozen gems being produced which will then be offered contracts by all the Fife clubs when they hit 16 yrs. However if they decide that they don't want to sign for East Fife but want to go to the P**s or Raith they can, or if they so wish they can decline all offers and bugger off to Hibs/Hearts or anywhere really. So basically anyone who's any good will decide to go to the best place/offer he can, quite whats in it for Raith let alone East Fife or Cowden I struggle to see.

Personally I don't buy into any of it.

The SFA has certainly encouraged the creation of regional academies albeit they haven't "forced" it. Yet. The South West clubs haven't agreed to form one yet, continuing on our individual ways but obviously Forth, Fife and Highlands have all gone for it. I don't know exactly how it works but I was under the impression that kids were registered to individual clubs but attend the Academy training and play for the Academy. If that's the case then the clubs are as protected as they would have been with kids registered in individual academies.

'Project Brave' will over-ride the whole lot of it when it comes in anyway but the detail of that is still to be fully revealed.