The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

On the OS now.

100% the correct decision. He never settled up here from the start. It was always coming. Good luck to him wherever he ends up playing football.

Yes right move for both parties. Hopefully now with him Stevenson and Syme away we can afford to bring someone in.

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

What?

He was home-sick. This piece of news tonight isn't surprising at all.

He came to us sidelined, he was brought on by Craig Easton in the U20's as he was lacking training.

If he was homesick he took a long time to realise it, given his time at Sheffield out in the cold, then his time at the Rovers where he was included.

Big shout that. Hughes brought him back into contention by rewarding the potential shown in devt games. Gave him game time and bench time, which is more than he was getting. Seems a strange and sudden turnaround.

He was brought in a sub in two of Hughes' first three games then dropped out of the picture. In recent games Roberts and Skacel have been getting picked ahead of him.

4 hours ago, Geordie_Munrover said:

More to it than that.... heard from a reliable source that he was more or less being bullied by Hughes.

Bullying him?? I've never heard so much pish in my life. If a young player can't take a manager shouting at him or dressing room banter then he isn't cut out for a career in football. The boy wasn't good enough end of. Don't make him out to be some sort of victim.

I think that's a shame, he looked a better player in the flashes we saw than Skacel and Roberts have this season. Hope football works out for him.

Hopefully, however, having now shed three players we have enough to bring someone in to save us. Because it looks like we're going to need it. 

Very frustrating, but who can blame him? The sight of the same players being picked ahead of him as we struggled to score goals must've been like groundhog day. That's now 2 managers who haven't picked him so it's the right decision from him and I wish him all the best. 

A real pity, because I think he had something to offer us. 

Bullying him?? I've never heard so much pish in my life. If a young player can't take a manager shouting at him or dressing room banter then he isn't cut out for a career in football. The boy wasn't good enough end of. Don't make him out to be some sort of victim.

Load of pish.... well I just bumped into Dec McManus in Asda in Dunfermline and asked him why Joel left. His answer was... he didn't get on with the new gaffer.

26 minutes ago, Geordie_Munrover said:

Load of pish.... well I just bumped into Dec McManus in Asda in Dunfermline and asked him why Joel left. His answer was... he didn't get on with the new gaffer.

I imagine any player not getting game time would say they don't get along with the manager. Hardly the same as being bullied

I imagine any player not getting game time would say they don't get along with the manager. Hardly the same as being bullied

Listen I don't have to convince you to believe me as I do t really care if you believe me or not. All i know as I was speaking with a very reliable source who informed me Joel was basically being bullied. And then I spoke with McManus today, who confirmed that the reason that Joel left was in fact because of Hughes.... so it has bugger all to do with him never settling in this season. I very rarely comment on here although I check the forum everyday. Only do comment when I actually know something. As I say believe me or not, I don't really care. My personal opinion is that it's sad we have lost a good player, especially if Hughes leaves us at the end of the season.