The New Raith Rovers Thread

John Hughes in Deadline News this morning.
Meanwhile, Hughes believes he was in the frame for the Motherwell job but insists he is fully committed to hauling Raith Rovers away from relegation trouble.
The former Falkirk, Hibs and Inverness Caley Thistle boss has admitted he was aware of interest from Fir Park as the Steelmen sought a successor to Mark McGhee before they handed the job to Stephen Robinson.
Hughes, who has only been in charge of Rovers for five games, is said to have removed himself from the race for the post at the 11th hour.
But he is adamant his focus has never wavered from the massive job he has in keeping Raith away from bottom spot in the Championship.
He said: “I’m the manager of Raith Rovers, so I couldn’t speak to Motherwell.
“The one thing I’ll say is I pride myself in my honesty and my loyalty – maybe that’s my weakness as well, maybe I should look after myself.
“But I’m committed to Raith Rovers and I’ll be here to the end of the season.
“I knew they [Motherwell] were interested but I’m 100 per cent focused on Raith Rovers.
“All my focus is on working with these boys and getting the best out of them, and trying to get a win.”

He's just keeping it out there that he's available at the end of the season.

Not the same whoring in the media as he did with Falkirk.

He shouldn't even be mentioning that in an interview when his team are on real danger of being relegated.

Would expect the squad to meet up over the weekend,so potentially could miss the game against Queens unless there's agreement between Rovers/ player/ SFA that he can play on the Saturday and meet up with Scotland squad after

Edited by Rovers_Lad

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

When the OS announced that he had been selected for the squad, they didn't mention that he would miss any games, which they did last season when Hardie or Panayiotou were selected..

We have two players in the squad. As far as I know they are allowed to play on Saturday.

that was surely out of order Matthews being hit by what looked like a coin from the DUFC fans at the stramash towards the end

got him on the head, the high vis jacket was busy watching the action and not the crowd and presumably saw hee haw

neither did the linesman who was right beside him

totally out of order

I can empathise with Ryan. I go through the same emotions when I attend Starks Park.

“But after about 70 minutes I stood there and thought to myself ‘I just do not want to do this any more. I do not want to be here.'

Anyway, good luck to Ryan for the future.

Someday, a literary fan will write a book entitled Falling Out Of Love With Football. Can't be far off.

Courier has an article on this tomorrow with statement from Drysdale and hopefully DUFC

I agree, DUFC fans saying nothing on match thread, poor show. Sure some of them will have viewed the video on match highlights on website. 

More than one person knows who the coward who threw it is.