The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 hours ago, rw89 said:

Gie Tade £1000 a week from Gordon Brown's pocket to get him home. Unattached. Scoring for clubs abroad. Now back in Scotland. Sign him. Now!

I know that's very much tongue and cheeck

but that,ll be the Gordon Brown along with his hingers on who dont even pay in when they pop along to a game.He strolls up to games as if he was some c**t important

1 hour ago, Paco said:

I'm completely resigned to relegation, and have been since we lost at home to Dumbarton under Locke, in January I think. A brief spell of hope when Hughes was appointed, extinguished in his second match, and last Wednesday when we finally won a match - completely extinguished by another pummelling from Dumbarton.

We're going down. As much as I don't want to believe it, every bit of evidence suggests it's happening. May as well accept it and if we avoid it, then great. 

The nightmare scenario of course is losing to East Fife in the play-offs. But they look like they'll finish above fourth so we might be OK in that regard. 

Just means they'll be able to beat you in the play-off final.

At Starks.

:)

It could be our Cowdenbeath moment.

Since that game we've been promoted and regained our title as the Kings of Fife.

Cowdenbeath have been relegated twice and could well make it three, they've had a vile time recently.

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Since that game we've been promoted and regained our title as the Kings of Fife.

Cowdenbeath have been relegated twice and could well make it three, they've had a vile time recently.

They couldn't of hired anyone more capable of finishing the job.

The effects of this season will still be felt next season, even if we survive. I'd imagine the club will still try and offer early bird season tickets but who in their right mind will take the offer up if we're sitting 9th and in a play-off battle. There then comes the job of rebuilding for next season. We can't look at any players for next season and we don't know who will be our manager and what league we'll be in. So even if we survive, by the time a new manager comes in we'll have lost ground on other teams in the league.

I used to look at certain teams, especially down south, and ask "how did a club let itself get in that position" and now we know. You have a completely incompetent board who have no idea how to run a business, let alone a football club, appoint an incompetent manager who has no idea how to coach and has a signing policy based along who he wants to have a pint with after the match, and players who are lazy, not good enough and quite simply don't care.

Whatever happens and wherever we finish serious questions have to be asked.

As for McKinnon coming back...he can rot in hell. Would never take him back after the way he left us in May. 

All hypothetical of course, but I'd take Ray Mac back in the summer if the opportunity arose. Absolute mess how he left the club, but that was the undoing of Dundee Utd and their lack of professionalism, rather than McKinnon being a w**k about it. Yes he was probably buzzing of the thought of managing "his club", but it was all Utd.
Anyway Yogi will be the gaffer, and we'll win the league and promotion to the Premiership next season haha

I'd have Jim Leishman in charge, with Martin Hardie as assistant, and Sammy the Tammy as Director of Football - if it meant a better season than this.

Managers arent there to be liked, they are there to do a job. 

All hypothetical of course, but I'd take Ray Mac back in the summer if the opportunity arose. Absolute mess how he left the club, but that was the undoing of Dundee Utd and their lack of professionalism, rather than McKinnon being a w**k about it. Yes he was probably buzzing of the thought of managing "his club", but it was all Utd.
Anyway Yogi will be the gaffer, and we'll win the league and promotion to the Championship next season haha

FTFY

The only thing about RM that really wound me up last season (and I'm not saying I'm dead against him coming back) was the way he dealt with it after they approached him, in an interview he said I'll still be the Raith Rovers manager if they gain promotion to the premier league, totally unprofessional and should really have said "I'm the Raith rovers manager and I don't want to discuss anything else until I hear otherwise" maybe a minor thing but it certainly deflated me a bit going into the Hibs games. 

I'd have Jim Leishman in charge, with Martin Hardie as assistant, and Sammy the Tammy as Director of Football - if it meant a better season than this.

Managers arent there to be liked, they are there to do a job. 

[emoji7] [emoji7]

Edit, with Andy McNeil goalkeeping Coach?

Just breifly read the back page of the press and it states he wants to sign a player to boost the squad with the frees up wages from stevenson and syme. 

Also he would love to send 1/2 loan players back to clubs and sign 2/3 players 

big yogi.... he go bring back tade

Edited by 1RonnieCoyle

43 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Not sure if my auld man's made this up or if it's maybe in the FFP but Hughes apparently wanting to bring in a couple of players with money freed up with the release of Stevenson and Syme.

Never even realized that Syme was gone. (Locke managed to pay two guys who never featured)

Hopefully Raymond Sparkes has a few names in mind.

Edited by renton

33 minutes ago, 1RonnieCoyle said:

Just breifly read the back page of the press and it states he wants to sign a player to boost the squad with the frees up wages from stevenson and syme. 

Also he would love to send 1/2 loan players back to clubs and sign 2/3 players 

big yogi.... he go bring back tade

Even if he's half the player he was, it'd be an improvement.

How many loanees do we have just now? Hardie, Thompson and Lennox? Would guess it'd be the latter two getting punted if at all possible.