The New Raith Rovers Thread

39 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes, that's exactly what happened. We showed reckless "ambition" under JH and GC's watch, encouraged by a weak board.

As I said, he was incompetent. I hope, for your sake, he hasn't started hiding the VAT demands from his superiors...

It was the best period in Falkirks recent history.  Once they left it all went downhill.

We have Dempster, his boss looking after aspects such as bills. 

It was the best period in Falkirks recent history.  Once they left it all went downhill.
We have Dempster, his boss looking after aspects such as bills. 

Uh huh.
He left Falkirk in August 2011, after we'd been relegated, and when the club was embroiled in financial turmoil. At least partly of his own making.

Best you leave it there, and I'm glad La Dempster is keeping a tight grip on things.

43 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Uh huh.
He left Falkirk in August 2011, after we'd been relegated, and when the club was embroiled in financial turmoil. At least partly of his own making.

Best you leave it there, and I'm glad La Dempster is keeping a tight grip on things.

I was talking about the most successful manager in falkirks recent history, sorry.  Craig stayed when Yogi left but there was no way out of shit by then due to who your board, and not GC decided to replace the manager with. 

Ooft, you're struggling here.
You said "once they left" which clearly refers to both of them.
And the appointment of May was indeed catastrophic,which only undermines you further, because he was the man GC put forward for the job!
I'll leave it there because firstly this is the RRFC thread, and secondly because you're having a mare.

Notice it's official Stevenson has left us now, or should I say "retired". The fact it says "from professional football" would indicate and go with the reports that he's going to be playing in the Juniors. 

Yet again another sorry mess the club has found it in this season. We have brought players into the club who quite frankly couldn't give a damn about whether we stay up or not. The fact we didn't announce it as "Super Stevo Departs" is probably the biggest surprise though and might teach the club to act a bit more professionally in the future. 

Remember the pitch side presentation when Daly retired? As someone else mentioned (somewhere) that was a bit of a joke when long serving players were released (though admittedly that's different from retiring) like Hill and Anderson, with barely a thank you! Stevenson? Thought he was a terrible signing at the time (given the Vaughan carry-on) but he actually did better than I expected him to... then there was keeper-gate. Given his role in that, I really felt that he deserved a bit more than a cursory couple of lines on .net. Could they not have tacked on "even though Stevenson wasn't with us for long, Rovers fans will never forget the night he played in goals for us and the club would like again once to thank him for his service, especially that evening"? But no, that would only remind us of their incompetence again. As I've said, bar John Daly, we've never really made much fuss about players moving on / retiring but the fact that the club statement was so pitifully short makes them look childish... again!

23 minutes ago, Nairney said:

Remember the pitch side presentation when Daly retired? As someone else mentioned (somewhere) that was a bit of a joke when long serving players were released (though admittedly that's different from retiring) like Hill and Anderson, with barely a thank you! Stevenson? Thought he was a terrible signing at the time (given the Vaughan carry-on) but he actually did better than I expected him to... then there was keeper-gate. Given his role in that, I really felt that he deserved a bit more than a cursory couple of lines on .net. Could they not have tacked on "even though Stevenson wasn't with us for long, Rovers fans will never forget the night he played in goals for us and the club would like again once to thank him for his service, especially that evening"? But no, that would only remind us of their incompetence again. As I've said, bar John Daly, we've never really made much fuss about players moving on / retiring but the fact that the club statement was so pitifully short makes them look childish... again!

By all accounts (Matt Edler) Stevenson just didnt bother turning up to training one day last week.  He really does not deserve anything above and beyond one line of copy.

6 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

David Syme punted to guess where on emergency loan. Wonder how many more of "Lockeys" pals will rock up there before the end of the season?

Any good or should we be looking out directions to Selkirk?

2 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Any good or should we be looking out directions to Selkirk?

Guy hasnae put a foot wrong, that could be cause he hasnae played a minute since that fud signed him in January right enough.

2 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

We wouldn't know.

2 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Guy hasnae put a foot wrong, that could be cause he hasnae played a minute since that fud signed him in January right enough.

Excellent.  Any other bench fillers you want rid off? A centre mid would be nice.

Excellent.  Any other bench fillers you want rid off? A centre mid would be nice.

Scott Roberts is the only other player I can see making the move. He's a winger.

Centre-mids though. Take any of them, as we haven't found a combination yet in there. Davo, Matthews, Callachan, Jordan Thompson, all 4 have been just as poor as each other this season. I would happily see any of the 4 make the short trip along the A92 to yourselves. It won't happen though.