The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, CALDERON said:

Yeah, big French goalie who signed under Calderon I think...

Cheers. His wife works beside me. Met him at a night out and he was reaming off his various clubs - nearly spat my pint over him when he threw in Raith Rovers.

4 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Do any Raith fans remember a guy called Bartholome playing (or more likely signing and then going AWOL)?

Anthony Bartholome. I think he played as a centre half during the Anelka season. He wasn't too bad from what I can remember. Miles better than most of the boys Anelka signed.

43 minutes ago, Martin Nelson said:

Anthony Bartholome. I think he played as a centre half during the Anelka season. He wasn't too bad from what I can remember. Miles better than most of the boys Anelka signed.

Got in a punch up with Shaun Dennis at the end of one of the games didn't he?

2 hours ago, Martin Nelson said:

He was definitely one of the better players that season, hard to tell whether he was good or just decent, relative to the rest of the squad, but I did think he might have hung around. 

2 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Cheers. His wife works beside me. Met him at a night out and he was reaming off his various clubs - nearly spat my pint over him when he threw in Raith Rovers.

Did he hang about in Scotland after he left us? I had just assumed he went back to France. 

12 minutes ago, piebob said:

He was definitely one of the better players that season, hard to tell whether he was good or just decent, relative to the rest of the squad, but I did think he might have hung around. 

Did he hang about in Scotland after he left us? I had just assumed he went back to France. 

I think he did, but his wife is Scottish. He is now retired from football and owns a jewellery shop over here.

17 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Lewis Vaughan got a whole 7 mins off the bench for Dumbarton yesterday.

9 hours ago, Martin Nelson said:

Just enough time to see them throw away their two goal lead.

Don't think he's got back into the side since they beat us a few weeks back.

You're correct, if we hadn't played and beaten you he'd have been straight back into the team.  As we were forced to drop him and Sam Stanton had a good game, Aitken obviously felt he couldn't drop him. I thought Vaughan may have got back in the first 11 on Saturday but Aitken stuck with Stanton and he scored two goals. Safe to say Stanton knows he'll be out the team after the first poor performance he has, it shows in the way he's playing now so Vaughan is having an effect on our side, even if he's not directly involved.  I hear he's thoroughly enjoying himself here despite not playing as much as he'd like.

I saw (or at least thought I saw) David Berthelot kicking around Kirkcaldy a few times years after he'd left, so did wonder if he decided to stick around. You look at him and wonder how he managed to display any agility at all as a 'keeper - absolute unit of a guy. 

No idea what became of Anthony Batholome. Fairly decent CB from what I recall, though anyone with an ounce of talent stood out like a sore thumb in that team.