The New Raith Rovers Thread

Now is the time for all the punters that weren't going back until Locke was away to show your support for the new manager and get down to San Starks next Saturday.  We are punching well above our weight in appointing Yogi even though it's only until the end of the season and you never know he might enjoy it that much he might stick around a wee bit longer.

I thought it summed up the last 3 months when the team were still applauded off the field on Tuesday night even though we have been on such a bad run, think most fans know we have a good squad which has been coached poorly and at times looked  disorganised at least Yogi will at least have the team motivated and organised which will be half the battle

Unless you are playing Aberdeen in a Scottish Cup semi final. [emoji4]
John Stewart, Hampden Legend.

One or two career good games can be expected of anyone even Albert Steptoe IMG_1486745412.208526.jpg

As good an appointment as you could make.

He would have been my no 1 pick for QOS but my fellow P and B posters let me know that "having turned down the mighty Saints Hughes let it be known that there was no way that he would manage in the second tier of Scottish football - waiting for a move to England!!!!!"

In response - I said - that there have been better Scottish managers than John Hughes who become unemployed and who set their sights on big jobs. When nothing happens they start to realise that their stock is falling and the longer they are out of the game the harder it becomes. It will be interesting to see how he gets on - has to work with what's there and not an easy job in short term.

Happy with that appointment, doubt we could realistically have got anyone higher profile so well done to the board.  Can he turn us around only time will tell but he's a proven manager and most of our team from last season is still there.  Can't see him doing any favours to the Hearts has beens so unless they can step up their game I doubt we will see them again (he said hopefully). 

Always thought he was a good manager so happy with the news

Thank fuck.
Vaughan's the type of player who'd probably thrive in a system that isn't constantly knocking the ball over his head. Shame he's been loaned out to our relegation rivals.

Stevenson should be pensioned off to the juniors now. Why postpone the inevitable. I suppose he always has the option of going to the Juniors via East Fife.

The only thing I remember about him as a Livingston manager was his bizarre insistence that they must play it out from the back, I'm sure we fucked them 3-0 that day and it was largely down to Hughes.

Time will tell if it's succes, should at least keep you clear from relegation.

The only thing I remember about him as a Livingston manager was his bizarre insistence that they must play it out from the back

He done that at Caley. Seemed to result in everyone just pressing high up the park at goal kicks, forcing Caley to punt it long and Hughes going mental at his keeper.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

He done that at Caley. Seemed to result in everyone just pressing high up the park at goal kicks, forcing Caley to punt it long and Hughes going mental at his keeper.

But it was effective was iy not. A cup win place in europe. Look at ict now, where are they in the spl

20 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The only thing I remember about him as a Livingston manager was his bizarre insistence that they must play it out from the back, I'm sure we fucked them 3-0 that day and it was largely down to Hughes.

Time will tell if it's succes, should at least keep you clear from relegation.

There is absolutely nothing bizarre about playing it out from the back and who gives a a fuck what happened in one game against Dunfermline over 4 years ago. Fact is his Inverness side were undefeated in 80 of about 120 Premiership league games. That'll do for me.

But it was effective was iy not. A cup win place in europe. Look at ict now, where are they in the spl

It was effective because he had a spectacular squad who were well drilled.

There was nobody else immediately available and in our budget for the job.  The best appointment that could be made, looking forward to it.

We are asking really for someone to have us finish at worst 8th.  If John Hughes cant do that, fuck knows who would. 

34 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

It was very effective in that (wonderful) season.
The next season he just signed midfielders, nothing else, and got very stroppy with the board as they refused to give him even more money, despite already having provided him with more funds that any previous ICT manager.  Many Falkirk fans have the same complaints about his time with their club.  Only the damage there was longer lasting as their board did not stand up to him.

I like Yogi, he did a great job with us.
I am not sorry he has gone though - he talked himself out of the job.
Our board has done a good job in ensuring the long term future of the club and not spending what we don't have, look what happened to rangers.  Remember them?  They died.
I wouldn't want us to risk the clubs future because of one mans massive ego.

I hope he does a great job with you and I'm pretty confident he will too.
But you don't want him long term.  And if you do I hope your board has the balls to stand up to him if he reverts to previous form.

Edited by KingBeastie
Spelling