The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

If Hughes is available then he would be a great appointment, surprised he would take it.

Also its pretty impossible to judge Lee McCulloch's credentials.

This. I dont mind making that kind of appointment in the summer, but we cant afford the new guy to have any time to "bed in" to the job.  The first 3 games he faces are potentially season defining. 

This. I dont mind making that kind of appointment in the summer, but we cant afford the new guy to have any time to "bed in" to the job.  The first 3 games he faces are potentially season defining. 

I doubt Hibs and Queens away will be season defining to be honest. The 3 that follow that will be.

I had a dream (or was it a nightmare?) that we binned Locke and hired Brian Reid. I woke up absoluely fuming. 

This was before we sacked Locke, and I can confirm I will be absolutely fuming if such an outcome materialised. 

if Raith bring in Lee McCulloch you'll go from someone bleating on about Hearts to someone bleating on about the gers neither is very professional, but if you want to go the whole nine yards get that guy at Clyde who is always on the BBC talking up rangers or sevco

Farid did nothing against the Rovers, McMullan was an unused sub back in August. So, signing half a new team was John Herron?

Apologies, I thought McMullan had been signed after the first game, which would have made 4 signings plus the couple returning from injury.

And no, I wasn't meaning you'd spent a fortune, I was getting at the fact there'd been a reasonable change in personnel from the first game. Which there had been.

What about Stevie Aitken at Dumbarton? He's managed arguably the best two performing part time teams in the last few years and on only two nights training and a fraction of the budget. I'm not a fan of either club but just a keen fan with an unbiased opinion.

He's hardly at a club with a fraction of our budget. Their budget will be less than ours but not by much I'd imagine.