The New Raith Rovers Thread

Glad to see your club have seen sense and given the fucking charlatan the boot.

Hopefully that's the useless cunt out of football for good.

Commiserations on having to endure Gary Locke's 'football' over the last few months. Hopefully the new manager can fix Locke's mess and you guys can survive.

Gary Locke came across as a nice guy and his heart was very much in the right place but he just hasn't got it as a manager, the team just didn't have a game plan and to loyal and stubborn to change things when change was required. Also some members of the squad need to take a hard look at them self unless they didn't like, understand or respect Locke

The right decision, though I didn't expect it to happen at nearly 11pm on a Tuesday night. 14 games without a win is not remotely acceptable. 

A poor appointment from the outset, evidenced by the reaction prompted from the fans and Scottish football as a whole. The only ones apparently not so in tune were out board. Sadly, all is naysayers were proved correct. 

Let's not be under any illusions that this is a silver bullet to turn things around. We've a squad that is shot of confidence and barely incapable of scoring goals - that won't sort itself over night. 

I actually feel a bit sorry for Locke now, which is strange having wanted him sacked for the last few weeks. Maybe just that it actually happened, or that he knew he was gone if we didn't win tonight. 

A lot of work ahead, but I do believe the season can be salvaged to something resembling mediocrity. 

589a537b0c427_Screenshot2017-02-07at23_08_21.png.dc53c4c8076f22a2dcb8dad555abb0d2.png
You know what that suit is made of?
Management material.

As good as it would be I don't see davie being management material. He will have a good career as a pt coach though. A great professional who should really have played at a higher level at one stage.

We should bring in some popular players from the past. Someone we could rally behind. How about Liam Fox with Joe Hamill as his assistant?

Fox could achieve the unique double of relegating two sides in one season.

Locke and Jackson being bulleted is a massive relief. We were absolute certainties for relegation under them. I can't see either of them getting a chance like that again.

We need to get this right though because it is going to take a bit of time to turn this slump around.