The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, Martin Nelson said:

As much as I want it to be true it would be almost unheard of to announce a managerial departure hours before a match.

Would be kind of in keeping with the shambles of the last 6 months or so though wouldn't it?

I don't know if I'm feeling dread (of impending disappointment, after getting my hopes up) or excitement!

Bad news as in he's been offered a further 2 years on his contract, a great big fook you to the fans for having the temerity to question their judgement lol

If it's true it's probably for the best. His signings have generally been poor. 3 wins in the last 23 games. Last won in October. Not great. Has it been confirmed?

We have Ayr away then St Mirren at home at the end of this month, start of the next. If we lose those games we are almost certainly getting relegated. Who's next? Get McGlynn back? Danny Lennon? If Locke is away hopefully the Board can get someone in who can salvage this season.

If it's true it's probably for the best. His signings have generally been poor. 3 wins in the last 23 games. Last won in October. Not great. Has it been confirmed?

We have Ayr away then St Mirren at home at the end of this month, start of the next. If we lose those games we are almost certainly getting relegated. Who's next? Get McGlynn back? Danny Lennon? If Locke is away hopefully the Board can get someone in who can salvage this season.

Yogi Hughes?

Not convinced Aitken would want to come and work for a board who thought that Gary Locke was a better option than him.

I know he's desperate to go full-time but like you say, would he want to work for a board who turned him down for Gary Locke less than a year ago?

I suspect it probably wouldn't bother him to be brutally honest. The only thing that might would be loyalty to his current squad of players - who seem to be quite a solid group.