The New Raith Rovers Thread

No danger he'll be on trial with another team while he's on contract here, on another note I'll take a Scottish cup trophy and relegation Gary

I'd take that too. Not sure Gary will manage that but it's good to have a dream.

44 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I'm not sure that not wanting Rovers to get humped by Hearts counts as happy clapping.

Lose to Hearts and  L&J could be  out the door.

I thought they both had the look of "beaten" men in their last two TV interviews, they look terrified.

Both must know that they have taken a good team((McKinnon's) and turned them into virtual  non runners.

There's almost no way Locke goes if we lose to Dumbarton. It would definitely be full on panic mode, but the transfer window is already gone. He'll see out the season unless we end up 9th about late Feb/early March. Or unless we don't win any of the next five or six, at which stage nobody can complain about being punted.

Assuming we do win sooner or later though, the summer might be the time Drysdale realised what a c**t he's made of everything when the season ticket numbers roll in.

14 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Am I right in saying Locke has binned Stewart and Vaughan in favour of Stevenson?

He's not really 'binned' Stewart per se and was quoted, when Stewart signed an extension, that he was 'part of his plans'. He's not really been getting much in the way of first team starts in a while though. The Vaughan situation, well the less said about that the better.

Even if we survive this season by the skin of our teeth it's a stick on Locke will be in charge next season and to be honest if he remains in charge, and we stay in this league, I can't see next season being much better. Paco has beat me to it as I was about to mention it will be interesting what the uptake on season ticket sales will be like if we do keep Locke and we continue this horrific run of form. No doubt Drysdale will be quick to give us the old "fans need to start coughing up otherwise the budget will be slashed" etc etc.

7 minutes ago, Raithie said:

He's not really 'binned' Stewart per se and was quoted, when Stewart signed an extension, that he was 'part of his plans'. He's not really been getting much in the way of first team starts in a while though. The Vaughan situation, well the less said about that the better.

"Binned" probably wasnt the best choice of word. 

Still a situation almost worthy of the sack all on its own.

Oh, and we'll happily take Stewart. We've just signed a right back ... swap for Hamill? :lol:

Maybe Locke is playing some kind of real life Panini sticker album. Clearly he only has the Hearts page c2010 left to finish

19 minutes ago, Mr X said:

"Binned" probably wasnt the best choice of word. 

Still a situation almost worthy of the sack all on its own.

Oh, and we'll happily take Stewart. We've just signed a right back ... swap for Hamill? :lol:

Maybe Locke is playing some kind of real life Panini sticker album. Clearly he only has the Hearts page c2010 left to finish

I honestly couldn't imagine the outcry if we somehow signed Hamill *shudders*. On a positive note he must be doing something right if he can get the likes of Vaughan, Bene and Stewart to sign contract extensions, the latter of which was being looked at by other clubs in this league. Wouldn't surprise me if Queens were one of them.

Working on my new Gary Locke song to the tune of Warburtons a Fanny. Thought I'd share given the general bad mood hes put everyone in recently. 

Oh Gary Locke's the gaffer, He wishes it was Hearts, He only signs ex-Jambos, and ancient ones at that, he doesn't play with tactics, his teams just play long ball, but we've just been unlucky, cant fucking score a goal. 

Working on my new Gary Locke song to the tune of Warburtons a Fanny. Thought I'd share given the general bad mood hes put everyone in recently. 
Oh Gary Locke's the gaffer, He wishes it was Hearts, He only signs ex-Jambos, and ancient ones at that, he doesn't play with tactics, his teams just play long ball, but we've just been unlucky, cant fucking score a goal. 

Constructive criticism - you need to work on the ending. That wording isn't quite right.

If we fail to beat Dumbarton in a fortnight my preferred tune will be Boo. Everyone knows that one. Throw in the occasional line of 'f**k off you Jambo c**t' if you like.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Constructive criticism - you need to work on the ending. That wording isn't quite right.

If we fail to beat Dumbarton in a fortnight my preferred tune will be Boo. Everyone knows that one. Throw in the occasional line of 'f**k off you Jambo c**t' if you like.

That's the bit I was struggling with and Ed Sheeran wasn't around to help. Theres always the much simpler Gary Locke - get tae f**k, Gary Locke - Get tae f**k! 

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

With apologies to piebob

"Oh Gary Locke's the gaffer
He wishes it was Hearts
He signs his Jambo buddies
And gives them first team starts

He sits and dreams of Skacel
And beating Hibs for fun
And while he's busy wanking
We're heading to League One"

A work of art. I bow to your superiority.