The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Raith25 said:

I think despite what Locke is saying I think Roberts will get sent back. Thomson coming back frees up Davo into the midfield, Barr shouldn't be far behind him so we don't really need another centre midfielder.

I wonder if he swaps both Thomson and Roberts in return for Hardie, and Crawford get's kept on for that reason.

I wonder if he swaps both Thomson and Roberts in return for Hardie, and Crawford get's kept on for that reason.

I'd like to keep Thompson, not seen Crawford to judge if he's any good to keep on, think someone said previously he might be keeping Crawford fit with the idea of him coming into the side come January when the rangers loanees go back.

Just now, Raith25 said:

I'd like to keep Thompson, not seen Crawford to judge if he's any good to keep on, think someone said previously he might be keeping Crawford fit with the idea of him coming into the side come January when the rangers loanees go back.

Of course, rangers might also take Bates on permanently, which might free up some space, alongside Brennan going. You'd also be looking at Osei - probably - going out on loan, as you'd potentially have Stewart, Mcmanus, Skacel Vaughan and Hardie in front of him.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

In theory we can have all three. Thompson is a development loan so we could have three players from Rangers. 

Hardie stuck away chances for us, no doubt about that. Unsure how he'd fare in Locke's system. McManus never scores but often has to be involved in creating.

Maybe with a fit and firing Johnston/Barr (which we haven't had yet) the strikers can actually concentrate on goals. 

Was very good for us last year, but not exactly setting the heather alight for St Mirren this year - albeit none of our strikers are for us just now, either. Wonder who'd be getting moved out on loan etc. to make room?

The boy is a great finisher. Would be great to have him back.

As we don't have a Spanish boy, can Yaw Osei fulfill the much needed role of 'potential superstar'?

Last time I saw this guy playing was against Montrose in the League Cup. I demand that at the very least, he be given a super sub role.

2 hours ago, renton said:

You'd also be looking at Osei - probably - going out on loan

Aw don't. You'll have folk going ballistic "but he scores goals in the development league, Locke you've not got a clue min!!11!!!!!"1!2!"

As for the Hardie rumour, unsure how reliable a tweet from P&B is. He was certainly a key player for us when McKinnon brought him in but no guarantees we'd see the same Hardie under Locke. I've not really seen the St Mirren fans singing his praises.

A bit off topic, but is anyone else getting problems with fantalk. I cannot access the site at all. keep getting this coming up.

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '-1' for key 'session_user_id'

INSERT INTO raithfantalk_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin) VALUES ('4873433e781a14a98a61645a49d2b271', -1, 1482273776, 1482273776, '542bbc4e', 0, 0, 0)

Line : 187
File : sessions.php

If not would someone kindlt contact fantalk and mention my problem. thanks for all your help.