The New Raith Rovers Thread

If St Mirren fail to beat Falkirk you can probably put your mortgage on them getting their first win of the season against us the following week.

I had to laugh at a few posts in their relegation express thread.

Rovers fan, Falkirk fan and a Queens fan all saying St Mirren will definitely get their first win of the season against them. Yet we are all sitting 4th-6th, quite comfortably away from the bottom 2 places. St Mirren are marooned at the bottom of the league. 8 points from safety.

St Mirren are comfortably the worst team I've seen this season. It also doesn't look like they're getting any better either.

Looks fairly likely that Beith v Morton in the Scottish Cup will be postponed tomorrow. Unfortunately that means it will be rescheduled for Saturday 3rd December, when we are supposed to be at home to Morton. 

Quite aside from the annoying aspect of yet another Saturday with no football, it would also give us one home match between 29th October and 17th December. That's bound to stretch the finances, especially when you consider that match was Ayr at home, probably with less than 300 paying punters. And the home match before was QoS, moved for Alba and drawing a similarly dire crowd... 

Looks fairly likely that Beith v Morton in the Scottish Cup will be postponed tomorrow. Unfortunately that means it will be rescheduled for Saturday 3rd December, when we are supposed to be at home to Morton. 

Quite aside from the annoying aspect of yet another Saturday with no football, it would also give us one home match between 29th October and 17th December. That's bound to stretch the finances, especially when you consider that match was Ayr at home, probably with less than 300 paying punters. And the home match before was QoS, moved for Alba and drawing a similarly dire crowd... 

How do you know, it will be next Saturday? Quite a few teams have already came out and said, any postmonement will be played on Tuesday the 29th November( Next Tuesday).

Beith don't have floodlights, and have the right to request one more go at a Saturday. Rules dictate it has to be the next Saturday. 

It's that or a midweek afternoon, which for obvious reasons Beith will want to avoid.

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

If St Mirren fail to beat Falkirk you can probably put your mortgage on them getting their first win of the season against us the following week.

If you lose to St Mirren you should just pack it in for this season. They are utterly awful & are getting worse by the week.

Eric's already brought it up in the article on the OS. :lol::lol:

It's a bad situation to not have a home game for two months, absolutely, but perhaps our starting point should be not having a squad of about 25 first team players.

Edit: and not adding to it on a monthly basis!

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It's a bad situation to not have a home game for two months, absolutely, but perhaps our starting point should be not having a squad of about 25 first team players.

Edit: and not adding to it on a monthly basis!

You have to assume we'll be one of the few clubs running a slimmer squad after January. I wonder if Crawford was brought in with an eye on Jordan Thomson departing in that time.

You have to assume we'll be one of the few clubs running a slimmer squad after January. I wonder if Crawford was brought in with an eye on Jordan Thomson departing in that time.

Robbie Crawford is here until January as well..?

I can see Locke enquiring about Hardie in January. He's already came out and said that he's going after a tall Striker in January to hold the ball up.

In saying that, I hope he definitely intends to try his hardest and keeping a hold of Jordan Thompson until the summer. Our best CM by a clear distance..

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Robbie Crawford is here until January as well..?

I can see Locke enquiring about Hardie in January. He's already came out and said that he's going after a tall Striker in January to hold the ball up.

In saying that, I hope he definitely intends to try his hardest and keeping a hold of Jordan Thompson until the summer. Our best CM by a clear distance..

I kinda assumed it'd be to prove his fitness to a view for a longer deal if space was there for him.

hard to know if we never see him play, mind.

Is the Skacel deal 6 months, a year or negotiable? If it's a year deal, then the only spaces we'd surely be able to free up would be in returning loanees.

I kinda assumed it'd be to prove his fitness to a view for a longer deal if space was there for him.

hard to know if we never see him play, mind.

Is the Skacel deal 6 months, a year or negotiable? If it's a year deal, then the only spaces we'd surely be able to free up would be in returning loanees.

Is Crawford not a loan deal?

Skacel is a year deal and won't be here next year as I'm sure I read that he's seeking a coaching job abroad for next year..