The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Could he not have lived anywhere in West Fife at the time? Ever since the maternity ward shut in Dunfermline everyone in Fife is born in Kirkcaldy I would've thought?

Slight amendment to this, Forth Park Maternity Hospital operated in Kirkcaldy from somewhere in the 1930's until a few years  ago when the new Vic Maternity wing opened, that's 80++years.

I think you'll find most folk born in central Fife first "arrived" there.

Jist sayin',likes.

Would hope most fans will give this a swerve and let the intrigued or casual fan pick these up. 

Exactly.

I've never understood why a fan of a football club will try their best to do their club out of money..

The club has already reduced prices to £15 as that's what everybody asked for.

8 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

But they're not. Kingdom FM will be picking up the tab for this.

Not sure they are to be honest. I certainly can't think of any logical reason in which they would. 

The half price ticket thing is a bit like a local Groupon type scheme. I'm sure the club will view it as a way to get some new fans along to Starks Park.

If Gary Locke makes a success of this, it really is a brilliant example that ultimately, fans are clueless.

Everyman and their Granny were against the appointment, but we were singing his praises today. Some start.

Good to see Locke has found a low enough level and a small enough club for his level of managerial ability.

Similar to Magic at Dunfermline.

8 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Good to see Locke has found a low enough level and a small enough club for his level of managerial ability.

Read you guys were favourites for relegation from the SPL this season, anything in that, y' think?

No. He's just found a club that aren't a complete basket case.

For anyone going to the below mentioned match...

Raith Rovers Under 20s will face Dunfermline Athletic Under 20s this coming Wednesday at Stark’s Park in the Fife Cup Semi Final. Kick off is 7.45pm

The 200 Club will be open for refreshments before kick off and at half time for tea and coffee.

Hope to see you there!

Read you guys were favourites for relegation from the SPL this season, anything in that, y' think?

Given that the SPL no longer exists I'd imagine that won't happen.

As for Kilmarnock being relegated I've been told that for about 20 years.