The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Guaranteed that the person who came up with those prices is the same one who is responsible for all the cringe worthy statements on the website. I'm sure the wee team fans are delighted seeing their club talk about how much they've missed the Pars.

:lol:  Aye, just you keep believing that! 

We've missed "Fife Rangers" just about  as much as we miss Sevco..........jog on

Guaranteed that the person who came up with those prices is the same one who is responsible for all the cringe worthy statements on the website. I'm sure the wee team fans are delighted seeing their club talk about how much they've missed the Pars.

It's like when they use the phrase "our friends in football" if there's an event on at another club. It can't be easy marketing a second tier Scottish football club, but surely there's more to it than spamming #BEPARTOFIT and putting out ridiculous statements.

Not that it matters, given we're pretty much trying to appeal to Hearts fans on one off trips to see their hero. Can't blame them considering the majority of the population in Kirkcaldy and surrounding areas are diddies.

I like a game against Dunfermline at EEP. Not so fond of the games at Starks. Three seasons is not quite long enough for me to miss the fixture. Still, it's better than yet another trip up fucking Easter Road. Hibs really have outstayed their welcome.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Your club literally said it on your own website. If you don't think it's true, take it up with them x

Why should I "take it up with them ?"

I am speaking for myself, as a fan of the team. 

Of course the club have to say that they missed DAFC, what else do you expect?

Jeeeez!!...............now jog on......Sevco2.:whistle

52 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Why should I "take it up with them ?"

I am speaking for myself, as a fan of the team.

Of course the club have to say that they missed DAFC, what else do you expect?

Jeeeez!!...............now jog on......Sevco2.:whistle

Fucks sake lad you're having a nightmare here. It's painful to watch.

Surely the reasoning behind all ticket games is the assumption that the amount of fans wanting to go exceeds what the stadium can hold? I worked that out on my own as I'm smart as fook. Anyhoo neither team will sell out their ends, Dunfermline won't bring a support big enough to even merit opening the railway stand and we sure as feck won't sell out our end. A mild inconvenience it might be but I still reckon we'll allow fans to buy tickets on the day of the game (the logical thing would be to open a cash turnstile if ticket sales are jobbies). As a season ticket holder it doesn't affect me but 20 sheets might be a bit off putting to some fair weather fans that viewed this game as quite high on their 'to go to' list this season. Also wouldn't surprise me, nor would I blame them, if Dunfermline charged us the same for when we play them at EEP.

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Go and give it a f*cking rest! It's getting boring now.

You only ever come on here to try and get a rise out of Pars fans on the Rovers thread.

8)............................imagine that! How very perceptive of you :lol:

Having been there and suffered the 90mins I decided to suffer the highlights out of morbid curiosity.

We definitely look a lot better with the discretion of editing. The real game was 90mins of misery, credit to Raith TV for finding 8mins of almost football.

At the county game when it worked it was great to watch, sadly on saturday it rarely made it to 3 passes before we passed to thin air or hoofed it to nobody.

Correct, huge credit to Raith TV for managing to get some highlights out of that car crash of a game.

If you weren't there and just watched the highlights then you could be forgiven for thinking we were OK.

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

4 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Fucks sake lad you're having a nightmare here. It's painful to watch.

Ah that's handy, any of you kids able to tell me what date Fife schools go back in?

Here we go again.... It's £2. 2 f**king quid. There will be an element of increased costs as Police Scotland will want to have a larger presence and also an element of maximising the revenue from the game (high demand drives up prices - it's basic economics).

Raith Rovers is a business, not some sort of social club, I think that some people forget that.

If anyone can't justify or afford the extra £2 for a few games over the course of a season, then in all seriousness you need to reconsider if you should be spending £18 to go to the football in the first place. Christ, you can't buy a pint at the pub for £2 these days.

Also noted that someone mentioned the concert-style ticketing sales and why football clubs have not set up to do this. Quite simply there is no business case to do this as most of these sales are contracted out to the likes of ticketmaster by venues for large scale, in effect, one-off events. Plus the ticketing agency charged ridiculous "administrative" fees so if you think an additional £2 for a Pars game is bad, you'd be ready to explode if the club did that.

Also, infrastructure for eticketing is expensive.

And I never heard anyone complain about reduced prices for league cup games. Basically, suck it up.