The New Raith Rovers Thread

Incidentally, I've seen a few folk who said M'Voto was poor. Was I the only one who thought he did ok? He had a slip by the touchline to give away a goal, and got caught out for the goal but thats more down to the pass. Other than that he won pretty much everything Ann's answered any questions asked.

I've been thinking the same thing. I missed the first ten minutes and I don't know if he did something early on that's colouring people's opinions, but he seemed absolutely fine to me. Well down the list of poor performers.

8 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I've been thinking the same thing. I missed the first ten minutes and I don't know if he did something early on that's colouring people's opinions, but he seemed absolutely fine to me. Well down the list of poor performers.

Not sure if it was in the first ten minutes, but the only thing he did wrong was slipping when going for an easy ball on the touch line. Once he gets used to playing alongside Bene, they should be fine. 

If we need a reminder of a pish centre back, I think people should remember we had Ross Perry two seasons ago. Now that was awful. 

4 hours ago, mealsonwheels said:

Nope wasn't at the game,  I love in the south west of England so can only get to a select few every season. I do listen on Raith abroad but unfortunately couldn't make this game. Watching the highlights,  when it worked the passing game was lovely. Maybe it wasn't as pretty at the game but I can only go on what I have seen on the highlights 

Having been there and suffered the 90mins I decided to suffer the highlights out of morbid curiosity.

We definitely look a lot better with the discretion of editing. The real game was 90mins of misery, credit to Raith TV for finding 8mins of almost football.

At the county game when it worked it was great to watch, sadly on saturday it rarely made it to 3 passes before we passed to thin air or hoofed it to nobody.

19 hours ago, mr mince said:

Having been there and suffered the 90mins I decided to suffer the highlights out of morbid curiosity.

We definitely look a lot better with the discretion of editing. The real game was 90mins of misery, credit to Raith TV for finding 8mins of almost football.

At the county game when it worked it was great to watch, sadly on saturday it rarely made it to 3 passes before we passed to thin air or hoofed it to nobody.

Thanks for that mate. 

17 minutes ago, mojito said:

Is this something we should expect for the foreseeable future?

And he obviously has plenty to crow about.

Imagine the joy of going from such an inept manager like Locke to where they are now, and what great result holding the Scott McBride inspired Galacticos that are Albion Rovers to a goalless draw at home.

Killie are clearly soaring now Locke has gone.

Is this something we should expect for the foreseeable future?

There's a good chance Killie will be down here next season. All they did last season was postpone the inevitable. He's probably trying to revive our brief rivalry from 1992, as he's looking to the future.

That's if the G-man doesn't relegate us.

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 19:08, Varna Rover said:

To the last 2 posters. How many have come straight back down after being promoted??? The whole truth is we only get to play premiership teams in cup knockout games in which these teams do well. How can you say its not possible to sustain that over a period. Its never been tried other than by those promoted who are still their. And dont say they are bigger teams, that just doesnt wash with me.

You really do come out with some pish, last season we were better not going up and "consolidating", now we would easily hold our own in the bottom six :blink::blink::1eye 

The club tried cheaper prices no one turned up to make any difference on attendance. People will pay it and Dunfermline will bring a big support so be extra money for the club who will have to pay a bigger bill for stewards and police. So stop moaning and get behind the team. Coz £3 is fuk all !! But 3000 X £3 helps the club. Moany faced idiot in here

Raising the prices needlessly pisses people off and comes across as pretty shameless. More pertinently, it hacks off away fans who see themselves being overcharged compared with everyone else and may decide not to bother. £20 for Championship football is ridiculous.

And yes, the policing costs will be higher. But then we don't get near 4,000+ otherwise so I don't see why that's relevant at all.  

The game being made all ticket will put people off; we've given them another reason with this.  

This,

They,re driving what little supporters left away

Not me. For some unfathomable reason I've bought season tickets for a few years now. I really am one of our better fans. The Hall of Fame can't be far off and it would be deserved.