The New Raith Rovers Thread

I really don't get the club's stance on part timers we are skint have no fans and need to make the money go further. What's the harm in having a part time goalie who has proved himself time and again for nearly 10 years.

I really don't get the club's stance on part timers we are skint have no fans and need to make the money go further. What's the harm in having a part time goalie who has proved himself time and again for nearly 10 years.

It was a stupid idea going full time in the first place. As you say the fans have decided with their feet. We're lucky if we have 1500 die hards left. I don't know who does the sums. It doesn't support the idea of full time football in the slightest. We're a mid table team at best. So we should be happy with our lot. I blame the fans that decided to stay away. McKinnon gave us our best season in years and still they wouldn't support him.

The argument would be that practicing with your defence every day builds up a rapport and understanding: Defenders learn what the keeper is and isn't comfortable in going for from various situations. A part timer might still develop that, but not nearly as fast as if he's there training with the team every day.

It's hard to train on set piece routines etc when your keeper isn't there. Also bounce games either within the squad or with other clubs can't be taken.

"Grant Anderson was a strange one...we told him he wasn't a priority and if we couldn't find better players then we'd reluctantly accept him and then he just up and left!"

Don't blame him in the slightest in leaving. If we don't bring in a couple of strikers we are going to be the usual tippy tappy football with no end product. Is Jordan White been signed by anyone yet?

Which about Joel Thomas?

Why are we being told now we are only giving training facilities to Jordan Moore when it has been written in the national press and as he understood it was as a trial. If this is the case we are turning into a shambles,of a club.

Edited by foreverarover

"Grant Anderson was a strange one...we told him he wasn't a priority and if we couldn't find better players then we'd reluctantly accept him and then he just up and left!"

Well not quite but can see why Anderson telt him to gtf

Absolutely. Locke must be considerably thicker than I thought if he finds that "strange".