The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well Guys what a season you have had Under Ray

Think the big carrot at Utd will be hard for him not to take the job

Done a five star job in one season guys great man manager only time will tell if Utd is the right move

A bit harsh mate.

post-31698-0-61889500-1462650068.jpg

Selfishly, I'd say the timing is poor for going to Dundee Utd - it isn't just on the pitch where the problems are there. Fair to say that job will also come with a very high expectations next season.

Then again, they can offer more than we can and managers do tend to love a challenge. McKinnon is a club legend as well and would get the fans on side for what will be a difficult campaign. Given they've binned most of the squad, he'll have more or less a blank canvass.

But yes, if McKinnon does go (it has an air of inevitability about it), hopefully the club get a good deal.

Selfishly, I'd say the timing is poor for going to Dundee Utd - it isn't just on the pitch where the problems are there. Fair to say that job will also come with a very high expectations next season.

Then again, they can offer more than we can and managers do tend to love a challenge. McKinnon is a club legend as well and would get the fans on side for what will be a difficult campaign. Given they've binned most of the squad, he'll have more or less a blank canvass.

But yes, if McKinnon does go (it has an air of inevitability about it), hopefully the club get a good deal.

Seriously?

Put me in the gutted that Anderson is away category. I always felt he brought something to the team others couldn't. His aerial ability from goal kicks as well as his pace were brilliant to watch. Unfortunately he never showed it near enough towards the end of his Rovers career, presuming he moves on. I would like to see him stay in the division.

Really hope ando stays. One of they big characters in the dressing room who genuinely cares about our rovers and what happens at the club.

This season has been fantastic.

Yes there has been lows like losing to Alloa on a cold Tuesday night at Starks or conceding late again on a Tuesday night against St mirren but overall what a season.

Today was the epitome of the rovers with coming so close but just not having enough to get over the line.

We have a great core team signed up and should be finishing around about the same place next year aslong as the right mans in charge and the right players are brought i.e id like to ï¸hopefully see El alagui if released I know he has injuryu problems but what a striker he can be and maybe a few loans from Norwich/Leicester.

Anyway a cant wait for next year, McKinnon or not. I believe we'll do well and hope the team get the backing they deserve I know I'll be there again even if we're shite and lose every game till christmas😂

Is McCord been freed

He's not even making the bench nowadays, I think his last appearance was our last defeat at Ibrox on the 1st March :lol:

Good riddance to him.

Good riddance to Craigen also. Falkirk fans, don't get too excited about him. He won't fit in at all. He's not a fighter. It showed again today within the first 5 mins..

Classy from United, hours after a play off defeat they make the move.

Totally disrespectful way to have gone about it IMO, expect nothing less from Thompson though.

Totally disrespectful way to have gone about it IMO, expect nothing less from Thompson though.

TBF, it would have been disrespectful if they had (officially)  done it before the play off.

However, it is not beyond belief that he had already been tapped up.

TBF, it would have been disrespectful if they had (officially) done it before the play off.

However, it is not beyond belief that he had already been tapped up.

Nah yeah absolutely I agree.

Maybe it's just me but just think it's pretty poor after we've just been knocked out the play offs a matter of hours ago.

But hey ho let's see what happens!

Edited by RaithRyan

I'd just take it that they waited til you were out.

Thompson is a horrible wee shite

Their is always a outside chance that our board will refuse DU to speak to RM. Wishfull thinking i know but possible.

They have. Dundee United didn't meet the compensation figure required.