The New Raith Rovers Thread

I have no doubt if they come for him he'll go. Got a few Utd mates and they all want him. In fact not hear any other name mentioned.

Awful timing for us ahead of tomorrow's match. Last thing we need is any kind of speculation to unsettle the club.

Eric D has appeared on Fantalk to say not to read anything into the "at the moment" line.

Difference now is that Dundee Utd may well be direct competitors to us - total change to if they were in the league above (in which case I agree - he would be off straight away)

Utd sources saying they'll approach us once we're either out of playoffs or promoted.

Really hope this won't affect the team but just got a horrible feeling here. Whether or not we accepted approach the speculation can't be good.

Not sure why they'd bother in the second scenario.

Apparently he's 1/2 to be next Utd manager or something.

It's early days. That'll be entirely down to all the money coming in on McKinnon, largely because there aren't any other contenders yet.

Once Darren Jackson or some eejit like him starts mouthing off in the press about how much they want the job, the prices will change.

Apparently he's 1/2 to be next Utd manager or something.

1/2 at McBookies

I'm not a betting man and don't know how they get their odds but the fact that McKinnon's already at the top of the list is quite depressing. I hope the board do what St Johnstone and Inverness did and tell Thomson to ram it.

That's me got my premium season ticket set up. I'll get the standing order set up later tonight. Superfan confirmed IMO.

Also, Dundee United can f**k off trying to pinch McKinnon. I can almost imagine Back Post Misses being raging that Houston isn't being touted for a return over him. 

I'm not a betting man and don't know how they get their odds but the fact that McKinnon's already at the top of the list is quite depressing. I hope the board do what St Johnstone and Inverness did and tell Thomson to ram it.

This. The club set out their stall last season saying they had a plan for the future. Here's where it will really show. If we lose him, we'll likely lose Taylor and Johnstone, and a whole load of contacts. It can't be good for the squad. 

Typically, like McGlynn before him, that it's the club he supports who are conveniently looking for a manager. The only difference is it only feels like Ray is only just starting to show where he could possibly take us over the next few years. 

Unless Ray comes out in the next day or two and says he's staying to deliver his and the board's vision, he'll be gone. Depressing. Back to square one, although with some decent players on the books. Doubt Utd have the money for compensation for Ray and his pick of players in the next window.