Quick Question Thread

Looking to hire (or buy) a suit for my 11 year old's Primary 7 leavers party.

Phoned Slater's and they want £80 to hire and roughly the same to buy. He wants the full suit, rather than just trousers, shirt and tie. I know it'll only be worn once and the jacket will be launched into a corner at the first opportunity.

Anyone know any high street places that do suits ?

2 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Phoned Slater's and they want £80 to hire and roughly the same to buy. He wants the full suit, rather than just trousers, shirt and tie. I know it'll only be worn once and the jacket will be launched into a corner at the first opportunity.

https://direct.asda.com/george/kids/suits-formal-wear/D25M1G1C16,default,sc.html#https://direct.asda.com/george/kids/suits-formal-wear/D25M1G1C16,default,sc.html

Just now, welshbairn said:

An asda suit? He'll be made to sit in a puddle and have all his money taken off him. 

A suit for a primary 7 “leavers party”. What a lot of shite. Fitba top, best jeans and trainers...never sees anyone wrong

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:
Was on the overnight ferry from Aberdeen to Lerwick on Monday night and the return ferry from Lerwick to Aberdeen on Wednesday night, but have felt crap and still like I’m on the boat since Monday.

Having tried turning up the heating full blast and rolled down the windows with no success, does anyone have any tips on getting their equilibrium to be normal again??

Poppers. Dont know how or why it works, but poppers.

Bollocks. Don't see how these things can help at all.

Poppers.jpg

f**k off and buy the boy his suit ya tightwad. Take plenty pictures and make a right fuss. He’ll feel like a million dollars cos his dad bought him a proper grown up suit and he got to go to the dance like king o the hill.

And it was his dad, the big guy that he wants to be, that made it happen. £80? Ffs. That not even a decent dinner for 2 these days. But your boy will remember it for ever.

Tl;dr? - Slaters.

9 hours ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Buy it, keep the labels on, put it back on Monday for a refund.

Thats what birds seem to do with party gear in my experience.

Brother Blades amusing post got me thinking, give him one of your suits. Say it’s tradition. A man’s first suit should be his fathers or some shite and like that. He’ll grow in to it, gets a suit and nobody is out of pocket. Win win win.

f**k off and buy the boy his suit ya tightwad. Take plenty pictures and make a right fuss. He’ll feel like a million dollars cos his dad bought him a proper grown up suit and he got to go to the dance like king o the hill.

And it was his dad, the big guy that he wants to be, that made it happen. £80? Ffs. That not even a decent dinner for 2 these days. But your boy will remember it for ever.

Tl;dr? - Slaters.

Or be a better dad and teach him that a fucking suit isn't what makes him feel like a million dollars.

Smartest stuff in the cupboard or a nice smart top and trousers that you know he'll wear again when needed.

Forgive me for sucking the fun out of this chat, but a leavers night for primary 7? Wtf is happening? They’re all going to see each other at high school anyway? Im probably really out of touch with this but isnt that just putting parents under a load of pressure to spend money they can’t actually afford?
One of the high schools where I grew up i found out is doing a school trip to Florida, a school trip to Disney world and Universal studios, the pressure on those parents must be mental.

Forgive me for sucking the fun out of this chat, but a leavers night for primary 7? Wtf is happening? They’re all going to see each other at high school anyway? Im probably really out of touch with this but isnt that just putting parents under a load of pressure to spend money they can’t actually afford?
One of the high schools where I grew up i found out is doing a school trip to Florida, a school trip to Disney world and Universal studios, the pressure on those parents must be mental.
It's a big issue unfortunately.

Schools and councils are finally catching on to what is being called 'the cost of the school day'.

P7 prom is a horrible trap because as a parent it's almost impossible to avoid. The best hope is that the school set down some ground rules to prevent folk going overboard and putting pressure on everyone else.