Quick Question Thread

8 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

An example of this is the stadium built for the Atlanta Olympics in 1996. Atlanta Braves took it over after the Olympics and played there until they moved to a new stadium at the start of this season. It has now been redeveloped for college football.

I find it amazing that college football is so big.

The stadium doesn't open until Jeremy Kyle is finished.

Currently decorating a customers living room, walls been stripped ready for plasterer, woodwork getting painted, brand new stove and hearth, fresh carpet going down, rooms gonna look great once finished right?
Except....the utterly rancid anaglypta that's been on the ceiling since the 80's is being retained, despite my recommendation to do the whole job properly all at once (getting ceiling stripped then skimmed etc).
They're spending all this money on other aspects yet leaving the ceiling which ruins the whole fucking job.

There's a common saying for this scenario.
Something something for the sake of some other fucking something or other.
Losing the heed at not being able to remember this.

Currently decorating a customers living room, walls been stripped ready for plasterer, woodwork getting painted, brand new stove and hearth, fresh carpet going down, rooms gonna look great once finished right?
Except....the utterly rancid anaglypta that's been on the ceiling since the 80's is being retained, despite my recommendation to do the whole job properly all at once (getting ceiling stripped then skimmed etc).
They're spending all this money on other aspects yet leaving the ceiling which ruins the whole fucking job.

Is it; "don't just paint the wall, paint the roof too"?

Spending a penny to save a pound? Cut off your nose to spite your face? You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear?

Yeah right ball park but not the saying I had in mind(or not as the case may be).
As Ghandi used to say: Dont put skanky anaglypta on your ceiling, Mrs Gupta.
I think theres a lesson in there for all of us.
Plus, painting the woodwork before skimming the walls?

The lesson I've learned is do not become a painter and decorator, rancid profession.
Fear not, won't be lifting a brush before place is ready for me. Ceiling, walls then wood as it's aye been.

3 minutes ago, Dirty Debbie Harry said:

Yeah right ball park but not the saying I had in mind(or not as the case may be).

The lesson I've learned is do not become a painter and decorator, rancid profession.
Fear not, won't be lifting a brush before place is ready for me. Ceiling, walls then wood as it's aye been.

Penny wise, pound foolish?

40 minutes ago, Dirty Debbie Harry said:

Afraid not. I could be about 12 words long.

It's something like...

Don't ruin the tra la la la la's, for the sake of the tra la la la las.

The tra la las indicate the words i don't know.

Just in the instance or life in general?

4 hours ago, Dirty Debbie Harry said:

The customer is always right.

4 hours ago, Dirty Debbie Harry said:

Want to come paint my kitchen? Fed up waiting for the DIY expert in my house doing it.

6 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I just caught myself doing a loud snigger in public at this. I wasn't even aware that I sniggered. How long has this been going on? I hope that was the first and last.

You're not allowed to use that word. You have to say "safrican-american".